One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Mediavine is seeking a Manual QA Engineer to join our Engineering team. We are looking for someone who enjoys solving interesting and complex problems and wants to work with a small team of talented engineers on a product used by thousands of publishers. If you're excited about working in a collaborative environment, then this is the role for you!
< class="h3">About Mediavine>
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7,500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
< class="h3">Mission & Culture>
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is to ensure your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and erse team of highly talented iniduals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for iniduals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and iniduals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously.
< class="h3">Position Overview>< class="h3">Essential Responsibilities:>
- Partner with QA team members to define tooling that enables improving testing efficiency, coverage and reliability for Mediavine’s product suite.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, document and thoroughly track bugs
- Perform rigorous regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet product needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to further identify product requirements and user expectations
- Track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts)
- 4+ years of experience in the software quality assurance field
- Experience with Manual testing
- Good knowledge of core software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with API testing using Postman
- Proven desktop and mobile device debugging, documentation and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability of writing clear, comprehensive test plans, test cases and bug reports
- Goal driven and product-oriented mindset
- Ability to work independently and also as a reliable team-worker
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Wordpress plugin/theme testing
- Test automation experience or willingness to learn (Cypress, WebdriverI0, TestCafe or similar automation tools)
- Experience with Github & command line
- Basic understanding of Node.js, and React
- Understanding and experience with relational database testing
- Experience with performance, visual, accessibility and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience working with remote teams in a tight deadline environment
- Remote work environment.
- Travel opportunities (remember those?!)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Learning allowance.
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies.
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more.
- Company match charitable donations.