One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Sertifi is a self funded, leading technology company dedicated to helping businesses finalize business faster. It offers industry defining Agreement and Authorization Platforms built for businesses who need more efficient and secure ways to manage workflows. Sertifi simplifies how businesses send and collect agreements, payments, and authorizations by bringing it all into a secure platform. Sertifi automates processes, saves time from performing repetitive tasks, enhances security and PCI compliance, and provides customers an easy and convenient way to get business done faster. Tens of thousands of businesses around the world use Sertifi to streamline their contracts and payment processes, recognize revenue faster, and increase job efficiency.
We are currently seeking an experienced QA Manager to join our growing Engineering Team and manage our existing automated quality assurance efforts as we continue to improve the experience of our Sertifi Agreement Platform (large-scale SaaS web application).
In your role as QA Manager, you will be expected to continue developing your own skills through a mixed balance of hands-on coding along with mentoring and day-to-day management responsibility for our existing team members.
You will work closely with other QA Engineers, Scrum Teams, Security, DevOps and Product to build upon and improve the functional aspects of our existing automated testing efforts including integration of our automated testing into the DevOps lifecycle. This is an opportunity to immediately contribute and see the results of your work in use by millions of our users across the globe.
This position will report to our Director of Engineering.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
Day to Day
- Establish, document, and implement quality assurance automation best practices
- Mentor and develop the skills of existing team members, as well as continually improve your own automation and development skillset
- Work in an Agile environment where innovation, teamwork, and creativity are the pillars of success across our 8 scrum teams
- Lead and manage existing QA team members to successfully meet their sprint deliverables and personal goals.
- Ensure that every phase and feature of the solution is tested, and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live
- Work with Product and Scrum teams to extract test scenarios from business requirements
- Evaluate and document results of manual and automated tests into software release notes for our bi-weekly software releases
- Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts such as test data and data validation including test results
- Work with the product, support, and customer success teams to replicate customer issues and application use cases when required
- Provide quality assurance expertise to fellow team members and other scrum teams on best practices and innovative approaches to testing our bi-weekly software releases
- Manage the performance and career alignment of your team members, conducting regular 1:1s and formal annual appraisal reviews
- Focus on employee retention by providing feedback, aligning career goals, and fostering the growth of each team member
- Forecast hiring needs and collaborate with the People Team on job description creation, interviewing, and offer negotiation
- Forecast budget needs, working closely with your Director and our Finance team when asked
- Represent your team at our bi-weekly Scrum of Scrums which includes each of our scrum team leads, security, DevOps, and product teams to report progress being made against the sprint deliverables and identify any roadblocks that quality assurance is facing
- Ensure that our approaches to automated (and manual) testing are well defined, planned and executed
- Foster a culture of self-organizing teams through delegation of tasks/projects to fellow team members
- Own the assignment of testing workload into a release testing plan to be compiled and distributed at the beginning of every sprint
- Collaborate closely with one (or more) of our 8 scrum teams to promote software quality standards
- Define and implement a long-term strategy and approach to both performance and stress testing at the API, micro-services, and database layers
- Continue to champion the adoption of automated testing integrated into our DevOps lifecycle
- Develop and implement an improved and repeatable process for defect tracking, logging, reporting, and trend analysis
- As Sertifi continues to grow and evolve we need you to be flexible in your role and from time to time you may be asked to participate in an on-call out of hours Support rotation.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 4 years of test automation experience developing and executing end-to-end tests for complex systems, preferably at a SaaS company
- Must have prior experience in both managing a Quality Assurance team, as well as hands-on experience in a QA role
- Proven success in building high-performing teams, including previous recruitment/hiring experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deliver prompt feedback as needed
- Solid experience using SQL to validate test results would be consider a must have skill
- Proficiency with OOP languages such as Python, familiarity with C# or Angular 8 is a plus
- Experience developing and executing manual and automated tests for complex web applications, preferably at a SaaS company
- Expert understanding of web application design and debugging skills including micro-services. You will need to be familiar with accessing data sources (Databases, Web Services, APIs)
- Solid understanding of testing across distributed applications utilizing message bus technology and architecture
- Experience utilizing distributed source control such as Git would be preferred
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritize both your own and your team’s workload
- Ability to solve complex problems in a systematic and organized way
- Experience developing and maintaining formal test documentation and reports including quality assurance metrics
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: Salesforce, Selenium WebDriver, Load Ninja, Zephyr, Robot Framework, BrowserStack, SOAP and REST API testing (Postman and Ready API), JIRA and Confluence
- Exposure to cloud platforms such as Azure as well as build and deployment automation (CI/CD pipelines) would be preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, use computer, phone, cell phone and other office/home office equipment/technology. Must be able speak, see and hear. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of the time.
What’s in it for you:
We offer great benefits such as: Competitive salary, Unlimited PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance,short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-taxTransit Benefit Program.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a erse team of talented iniduals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All iniduals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.