One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Commerce Testing Editor, Travel
Job requisition id
As a Testing Editor on the Travel + Leisure Commerce Editorial team, you will be responsible for our roundups and reviews that stem from our product testing, ensuring that every article provides readers with valuable insights and information gained from our tests. You will work with the Commerce Research + Testing team to analyze results and insights from product tests to ensure we’re making the best product recommendations to readers. Using those tests and insights, you will also work closely with the beat editors on the team to identify article opportunities, write assignment briefs, and edit and publish content that adheres to Travel + Leisure’s voice and style.
About the Role:
- Review and provide feedback on product lists and methodologies for upcoming product tests
- Help to identify priority categories of travel products to test and work with beat editors to plan content opportunities that will result from each test
- Analyze insights and results after a test to select the best products to recommend
- Write detailed assignment briefs for in-house and freelance writers
- Edit drafts of tested content to ensure that the most valuable information and photos from our product tests are presented to the reader
- Work in conjunction with beat editors on the team to target seasonal and high-priority articles to assign, particularly ones stemming from our tests
- Participate in product testing as needed in our New York City lab and at home
- Collaborate with the beat editors, editorial, growth, and social teams to optimize our tested content for our readers and search
- 5+ years experience in editorial
- A product enthusiast who spends time researching and obsessing over purchases
- Ability to analyze and interpret large sets of data from product tests and distill the most useful elements for our content
- Strong writing and editing skills, particularly in the context of presenting data and complex information in a reader-friendly manner
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A self-starter who is comfortable working in a quickly changing environment
- Proficiency in project management tools like Google Sheets and Airtable
- Experience working in CMS systems
It is the policy of Meredith Operations Corporation (“Dotdash Meredith”, “the Company”) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified iniduals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing:
The Company participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: https://www.e-verify.gov/employees
Salary: $60,000 – $75,000
The pay range above represents the anticipated low and high end of the pay range for this position and may change in the future. Actual pay may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Dotdash Meredith’s total compensation package for employees. Other compensation may include annual bonuses, and short- and long-term incentives. In addition, Dotdash Meredith provides to employees (and their eligible family members) a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, unlimited paid time off (PTO), adoption or surrogate assistance, donation matching, tuition reimbursement, basic life insurance, basic accidental death & dismemberment, supplemental life insurance, supplemental accident insurance, commuter benefits, short term and long term disability, health savings and flexible spending accounts, family care benefits, a generous 401K savings plan with a company match program, 10-12 paid holidays annually, and generous paid parental leave (birthing and non-birthing parents), all of which may vary depending on the specific nature of your employment with Dotdash Meredith and your work location. We also offer voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, accident, critical and hospital indemnity health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance.