One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
We're Building the Future!
Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
About The Company:
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Powin's Product and Engineering team is looking for a QA Automation Manager to join our testing team in Tualatin, Oregon. The ideal QA Automation Manager will possess experience in building, modifying, and maintaining the test automation solutions in an agile environment. The QA Automation Manager will work with manual QA, development, simulation, and product teams to develop functional automated tests. This role will be an integral part of a product and engineering team that is going through exciting growth, development and will be reporting to the Director of Software & Systems QA.
- Responsible for defining, developing, and deploying the test automation roadmap and strategy on an ongoing basis
- Manage a team of QA automation engineers in US and China, guide them, resolve technical issues, and help them prioritize the deliverables
- Design and develop test automation infrastructure, and frameworks
- Maintain product quality and traceable consistency throughout product lifecycle
- Understand the business and product needs well enough while developing scalable automation solutions
- Level-headed person who can manage pressure and able to keep the team harmony and spirit as a leader
- Develop automated tests that are robust, scalable, and resilient in the face of system changes to ensure software responsiveness, efficiency and continuously improve the same as the Product features evolve
- Develop and maintain automated functional and regression suites/packages to be compliant with changing requirements and features
- Develops and manages QA automation team metrics for team performance improvement
- Assures the viability, functionality, and effectiveness of essential tools
- Identify software quality risks and develop automation solutions for the same
- Collaborate with the Simulation team and work with them closely to ensure the simulation needs are met for automation purposes
- Manage automated testing milestones, estimates, and timelines
- Organize, manage, and provide clear automation roadmap and lead the team to achieve testing goals and tight deadlines with transparency, and collaboration
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, work with development and product teams to conceptualize software solutions that support automated testing
- Produce documentation/training material for other team members and management
- Document and mentor QA engineers in the use of the automated testing frameworks
- Assist in the identification, selection, and implementation of tools, technologies, and practices that support the overall QA process
- Multitask and support multiple projects that require support
- Collaborate with QA leadership on communities of practice
- Other responsibilities as directed by the hiring manager
- BS in Computer Science or a related field; professional experience may substitute for formal education
- 7+ years' experience with programming in an object-oriented programming language such as Java or C#
- 3+ years of proven experience as an Automation Manager or similar role
- 3+ years of experience working within an agile workflow
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing the automation teams in teams having global presence
- Experience with a continuous integration tool such as Jenkins, or Bamboo
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing one or more of the following: API interfaces, databases/data stores, analytics
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems or relational/NoSQL databases
- Experience in a Linux environment
- Strong knowledge of testing frameworks (like Mocha, Cucumber, Protractor, Junit, TestNG, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Selenium and/or other UI Automation tools
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines and deploying environments
- Experience using distributed version control system such as GIT
- Experience with bug tracking / workflow management tools like Jira
- Experience debugging and capturing backend failures and network issues
- Demonstrated competence and ability to motivate and positively influence the team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and outstanding team player with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Assist support team with reproducing, diagnosing, and resolving customer issues
- Agile software development experience in delivering automation within a sprint
- Experience working with distributed, erse teams
- Experience with performance/load testing
- Docker or similar container experience is a strong plus
- Experience with developing tests using Java
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with networking is a strong plus
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!