One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: Senior Software Engineer – Testing and Infrastructure (Tock)
Location: Chicago, IL
The Tock engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Testing and Infrastructure to help us build the next generation of restaurant bookings based on the proven system we’ve deployed everywhere from local e bars to Alinea. We believe testing is a first-class concern, and aim to provide simple, intuitive systems and tools that engineers and QA analysts can use to continuously release our product with confidence.
This is an opportunity for you to work with world-class engineers on challenging problems while having a big impact on the hospitality industry. As a member of a small and growing team, you’ll help define the next stage of our growth.
You will report to an Engineering Manager and will be either full-time remote or located in Chicago, IL.
You’ll Get To
- Shape the future of our automated testing strategy
- Partner with our platform and SRE teams to grow the platform on which our tests run
- Build a stable, repeatable environment where tests will run during development and deployment
- Evolve our existing suite of tools for full-stack UI functional testing
- Collaborate with partners throughout engineering to build new tools to address pain points or capability gaps
- Integrate testing more tightly into the development and deployment workflow
- Shape the evolution of a large and complex system
Who We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience building developer productivity tools focused on testing and test automation
- Deep familiarity with the testing domain, and a strong grasp of testing fundamentals
- Experience with coaching and mentoring engineers, and a desire to help level up those around you
- Working knowledge of SQL
- An understanding of all parts of a modern web-based application stack including frontend, backend, and basic networking
- BA/BS or greater in computer science or a related field
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with 100% covered premiums
- Flexible paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $88,000 – $190,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Tock employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
- Awarded Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” in 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “Best Places to Work” in 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune’s “Game Changer” Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019’s 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain’s Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the ersity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.