One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Mystery is on a mission to make people as happy as they can possibly be at work. To help us get there, we’re adding even more of the brightest minds to our team; could that be you?
Every year, companies spend billions trying to boost morale and improve retention—and with an increasingly remote workforce, that’s only getting harder. Combining highly curated, incredibly memorable team experiences with a world-class employee engagement platform, Mystery solves this problem for hundreds of the world’s top companies (Amazon, Apple, Stripe, Google, KPMG, and Uber to name a few).
We’ve just raised an $18.5M Series A from Greylock with participation from Zoom Ventures, Moving Capital, Endeavor, Gaingels, and others. This funding means we can continue to grow our team as we scale our product, all while still offering competitive pay and remote perks (more on that below).
Culture is at the heart of what we do—come join a dynamic and innovative team that’s bringing wonder to work!
This role will be one of the first Data Science hires at Mystery, reporting to the VP of Engineering. You’ll play a vital role in shaping our data and analytics strategy as we work towards our mission of helping make work a happier place!
- Insatiably curious – your mind is brimming with questions and you find joy in learning the answers
- Motivated by customer problems – you have deep empathy for your internal and external stakeholders
- Master of your craft – you demonstrate pride, ownership and accountability for everything you do
- Action oriented – you have a bias towards action and like to communicate complex concepts in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering to shape product strategy using rigorous scientific inputs
- Apply statistical and econometric models on large datasets to: i) measure results and outcomes, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) predict future performance of users or products
- Design, implement and interpret innovative data science experiments to empower data-driven decisions and products at scale
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Create analyses that tell a story focused on insights, not just data
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of industry experience in Data Science
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Operations Research)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistics, experimentation, and causal inference
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, scoping and leading complex data science projects with cross-functional partners and high business impact
Compensation and perks
Because taking care of our employees doesn’t stop at having fun together.
Work from anywhere
The new definition of a “modern workspace” is whatever you make of it. Comfort of home? Great. A different beach each week? Do it. (As long as there’s wifi…) Our WFH stipend will help you outfit your office wherever it is.
Seriously. Everyone at Mystery is passionate about solving the problems of remote work; as long as you make your contribution to that effort, take time whenever you need to.
General, vision, dental, mental. You should bring your best self to work, and sometimes that means a visit with a professional. We have you covered.
Pay, 401K, and equity
Happiness doesn’t pay the bills or help you retire, so we offer competitive compensation to take care of those parts of your life.
We raise the standard with 12-weeks of paid parental leave for both birth and non-birth parents.
Connecting as a team—as a whole team—is important to us. Twice a year we put extra effort into getting everyone “together” for fun and professional development.
Learning and development
When you grow, we grow. Mystery offers an annual stipend to keep your skills sharp and help you reach your goals.
Mystery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to a erse and inclusive workplace and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Mystery requires background checks for all positions; criminal records do not automatically disqualify a candidate for the role.