Senior Manager of Inclusion (REMOTE)
At Advance Auto Parts, we believe our people are our best part, and that our success is fueled by embracing the diversity of people, thoughts, skills, and experiences. By doing so, we also advance new ideas and better-informed decisions that will enable us to better serve our customers and the communities in which we do business. We are committed to being the employer of choice for all individuals of all backgrounds. We will do this creating and supporting an environment where all Team Members feel welcomed, valued, respected, and heard. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams better connect us to our customers and make us a stronger, more competitive company
A role in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion means the chance to promote these core values both inside and outside of Advance. We establish and cultivate internal and external partnerships to make sure Advance reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. You will support team members in connecting with each other both personally and professionally. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion celebrates our different stories and recognizes the insight and value our team members bring to Advance and the customers who love it.
As a Sr. Manager of Inclusion, you will supervise 3 DEI Business Managers who support the CSC, Field Operations, and Supply Chain leadership teams. Responsible for business unit playbook development and targeted strategies to drive DEI whether through consulting, advising, providing internal/external insights, or giving leaders and team members the guidance that they need to be successful, you will be a knowledgeable and committed resource. You’ll make a positive impact on building a safe and inclusive work environment where all dimensions of difference are valued and represented, where all team members feel welcome and able to bring their authenticity to deliver results. You’ll also help champion a diverse workforce where there is equity in hiring, development, and advancement regardless of a team members dimensions of difference.
- Responsible for fully integrating & coordinating all aspects of the global DEI agenda, including AOP, delivery of global initiatives such as inclusion training, and ensuring key pillars of the DEI agenda are organized & implemented across Sectors.
- Coordinate and communicate work executed by other functions that relates to diversity. Working with the broader DEI team, design and communicate interventions to improve representation in the Field, Supply Chain, and CSC.
- Working in conjunction with cross functional teams to establish and lead a regular cadence of planning/execution team meetings across multiple corporate functions to coordinate the integration of various work that can be used to effectively demonstrate Advance’s commitment to DEI
- Support talent management as needed in the implementation and interpretation of org health/pulse questions that can define measurements of success in DEI
- Partner with CDO and Sr Dir and other pertinent internal stakeholders in prioritizing diversity strategy
- In conjunction with the SR. Dir, design and develop cohort programming to meet the needs of various cohorts that fill gaps from internal programming
- Create and deliver a strategy to measure the effectiveness of DEI programming
- Partner with internal stakeholders to design, develop, and identify keys areas of integration of DEI best practices
- Partner with cross-functional culture and inclusion leads to execute actions/events across BUs
- Assist, as needed, to operationalize diversity-based commitments for Business Functions by leading and executing key D&E initiatives
- With support from the Sr Director and CDO, activate the cohort strategy including delivery of cohort-specific programming:
- People of Color Agenda
- Women’s Agenda
- LGBTQ+ l Agenda
- PWD Agenda
- Serve as subject matter expert to consult with the business diversity & inclusion teams as well as HR partners to understand areas of DEI opportunity to effectively build and align short term and long-term strategies and tactics to deliver enterprise and business results.
- Collaborate with partners to effectively integrate DEI into current business strategies and operational routines.
- Lead visible cross-functional project teams to build enterprise solutions across a wide range of DEI related projects
- Stay connected internally and externally, leveraging industry trends to lead, influence, support, and facilitate organizational change to foster DEI
- Leverage data and insights to inform DEI strategy for business leaders and influence HR practices and processes to drive equity and strengthen Target’s culture of inclusion
- Act as a coach, trusted partner, and confidant in helping leaders and team members build inclusion acumen through personal curiosity, immersive experiences, and topical training
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- College degree in a related field.
- Recent experience in a diversity focused role.
- 3-5 years’ experience in all levels of project management/change management, from making strategic decisions to tactical implementation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence people of different backgrounds and styles. Experience crafting internal communication a plus.
- Experience developing end-to-end, scalable solutions for challenging problems
- Preferable experience diversity and inclusion consulting experience with demonstrated business results working with employee networks and diversity councils
- Ability to work across different functions and build relationships with stakeholders and champions
- Experience designing data-driven programs
- Ability to clearly articulate and reinforce diversity and inclusion strategy and the company’s business case for diversity
- Forward-thinking, detailed-oriented, personable, excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills to handle complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate awareness and understanding of multiple facets of diversity: cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, linguistic, professional, and other differences that make us unique.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Create and present comprehensive reports to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a highly decentralized environment with local, global and remote teams, while able to draw items to closure. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels within the organization Strong attention to detail. Passion for solving problems.
- Highly self-motivated and directed initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of strategy development and/or work in human resources or diversity & inclusion
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with broad cross-functional teams; proven abilities to execute multiple tasks simultaneously with quality results
- Ability to influence a broad group of stakeholders, partners, and senior leaders without direct authority
- Is flexible, resilient, and is willing to perform varying duties depending on the shifting needs of the company, the strategy, and the work.
- Connects and integrates strategies across multiple spaces easily
- Operational or field experience; experience in a field support client engagement role
- Ability to influence without authority and quickly establish credibility