One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Paralegal (Temporary)Locations: Remote – USA Time Type: Full time Job Requisition Id: R3801 Hiring Range: $29.90 – $37.38 PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations. Local salary structures will apply for candidates in other countries.
OverviewCompassion is looking for a paralegal to join our Global Counsel and Strategy Office to support and further our mission to see children released from poverty in Jesus’ name. This intermediate paralegal will prepare legal documentation for the ministry and implements various legal systems and databases to provide accurate, organized, and retrievable legal documents for the ministry in a timely manner. At this career level, the paralegal generally works independently on moderately complex research and analysis of various law sources or as a team member on larger projects.
Please Note: This is a remote, full-time, temporary position from May to September 2023.
What will you do?
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Researches various law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes to prepare legal documents, such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, and contracts for the organization.
- Maintains legal databases. Organizes, logs, and tracks all cases, regulations, legal opinions, risk mitigations and legal department workflow.
- Utilizes various legal systems and upgrades and serves as the point person for employee troubleshooting.
- Coordinates and analyzes relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes and other pertinent material. Organizes information for the preparation of written reports.
- Drafts simple legal documents for identified clients including briefs, pleadings, appeals, agreements, contracts and legal memoranda.
- Reviews new and updated laws and regulations, maintains law library.
- May provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the paralegal discipline.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent education, experience, training and/or certification.
- Highly organized and administrative.
- Familiarity with Ironclad and/or Legisway not required but preferred.
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.
About UsReleasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name
It’s a mission that drives us because the need is desperate. Ten percent of the world lives on $1.90 a day or less. Our hearts break for the millions of children who suffer from lack of resources, but we rejoice because there is hope.
We at Compassion know that the transformative power of Christ’s love is not bound by nationality or economic status. Unified by this conviction, our increasingly erse staff uses our talents and experience to serve more than two million children in 25 countries. We’re excited for you to join our ministry!