One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Senior Corporate Paralegal
See your future through a different lensBe NovalutionaryTM
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
We are seeking a highly motivated Corporate Paralegal to join our Legal department in Gaithersburg, MD. The ideal candidate will be a corporate paralegal with a minimum of five years of experience assisting with (a) SEC filings, (b) corporate governance matters, and (c) subsidiary management. The position will report to our Corporate Counsel, Securities and Corporate Governance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and filing various SEC documents, including Section 16 filings and assisting with the preparation of annual, quarterly and ad hoc disclosures
- Assisting with the Company’s proxy statement, D&O questionnaires, and organizing the annual shareholders’ meeting
- Supporting corporate governance and other corporate secretarial matters, including preparation and distribution of board materials and maintenance of records in Diligent Boards
- Assisting with other legal and regulatory matters pertaining to the Company’s status as a public company, including compliance with Nasdaq rules
- Supporting subsidiary governance efforts
- Supporting stock plan, insider trading compliance and other equity-related matters
- Providing general support to Legal Department and assisting with special projects
- Working closely with Finance, HR, and other business partners to ensure thorough understanding of various initiatives and timely completion of tasks
- Design, develop, and implement process changes to increase efficiency and ensure quality
- High school diploma/GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Minimum of five years of corporate paralegal experience at a law firm or within an in-house corporate legal department of a publicly-traded company
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA approved paralegal program and/or a notary public a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience with Diligent Boards a plus
- Proactive, energetic, and hardworking team player
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented; excellent verbal and written communication and grammatical skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tight deadlines in a fast-paced business environment
- Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all iniduals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Iniduals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to iniduals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Remote – USA USA