One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack)
Health care is all about conversations, with over 2B spoken conversations each year between patients and their care teams in just the United States. However, people forget up to 80% of those conversations, leading to worse patient outcomes. And doctors are burning out writing notes in their EMRs instead of focusing on their patients. That’s where Abridge comes in our audio-based standalone and integrated solutions record and summarize medical conversations, anywhere care happens.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team. You’ll play a key role in helping us scale and mature our business by building and supporting new + existing web applications and their supporting backends. You’ll be writing code (mostly Typescript), making architectural decisions, recommending technologies to adopt, and ensuring that our systems scale up reliably and securely.
What you’ll do:
- Scale up our business by designing, building, and supporting easy-to-use web applications, including both front-end features and the backend services and data models that power them.
- Make & implement technology decisions that support business needs without compromising security, privacy or quality
- Enhance existing systems to add new functionality, and to improve performance, stability, quality, and security
- Advocate for high standards; make quality-of-life improvements to the codebase; and help limit the growth of technical debt
- Build deep user empathy and maintain a user-centric mindset
- Communicate regularly and effectively within and on behalf of our cross-functional product delivery teams. You’ll work with other disciplines including design, product, machine learning, and infrastructure, and will have opportunities to learn from and contribute to projects across the company
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years experience building, shipping and operating web applications at scale. You’ve seen what works, and probably a few things that didn’t work.
- Experience as a lead engineer on a major component or subsystem of a software platform, or as the lead for the platform itself
- Excitement about working in our tech stack, which is primarily NodeJS (Typescript) and React running on Google Cloud (GCP)
- Ability to act with autonomy & self-direction while working well in a team environment
- Willingness to pitch in wherever needed – as a fast-moving startup we need to do good work, quickly
$175,000 – $205,000 a year
Based on pay transparency guidelines, a reasonable expectation for the salary range is listed, which applies to California, Colorado, New Jersey, New York, and Washington. The base salary range for other locations may vary. Actual base salary will be dependent on geographic location, relevant experience, skills, qualifications, and/or other job-related factors. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may also be eligible to participate in a company stock option plan. Salary listed does not include total compensation, e.g. equity.
We value people who want to learn new things, and we know that great team members might not perfectly match a job description. If you’re interested in the role but aren’t sure whether or not you’re a good fit, we’d still like to hear from you.
Life at Abridge
At Abridge, we’re driven by our mission to bring understanding and follow-through to every medical conversation. Our culture is founded on doing things the inverse way in a legacy systemfocusing on patients, instead of the system; focusing on outcomes, instead of billing; and focusing on the end-user experience, instead of a hospital administrator’s mandate.
Abridgers are engineers, scientists, designers, and health policy experts from a erse set of backgroundsan experiment in alchemy that helps us transform an industry dominated by EHRs and enterprise into a consumer-driven experience, one recording at a time. We believe in strong ideas, loosely held, and place a high premium on a growth mindset. We push each other to grow and expose each other to the latest in our respective fields. Whether it’s holding a PhD-level deep e into understanding fairness and underlying bias in machine learning models, debating the merits of a Scandinavian design philosophy in our UI/UX, or writing responses for Medicare rules to influence U.S. health policy, we prioritize sharing our findings across the team and helping each other be successful.
Abridge is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do. We actively welcome applicants from all backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation).
We are aware of iniduals and entities fraudulently representing themselves as Abridge recruiters and/or hiring managers. Abridge will never ask for financial information or payment, or for personal information such as bank account number or social security number during the job application or interview process. Any emails from the Abridge recruiting team will come from an @abridge.com email address. You can learn more about how to protect yourself from these types of fraud by referring to this article. Please exercise caution and cease communications if something feels suspicious about your interactions.