One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8)
Job Function: Senior AWS Engineer
Employee type: Contract
Seniority Level: 5 years +
Company: Skill Deploy
Skill Deploy is searching for a talented Amazon Web Services engineer who can take ownership of our development process while helping us maintain a culture of excellence. Ideally, you've been there, done that before.
You'll be joining our client's first-rate team as a key-player, providing leadership and oversight .
You're a good fit for this role if you:
- Are AWS certified
- You're able to work with a team in the EST time zone
- Have experience managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Are able to manage scaling with Kubernetes
- You're motivated and accountable
- You communicate at a high level while staying in constant contact with your team and project managers.
About the Role:
- We are forming a team of A-players to reconstruct and enhance the cloud infrastructure of a large corporation in the financial industry
- Beginning work at phase 1 with subsequent phases to follow
- Top-pay remote contract position
- You'll partner with our client and other members of the AWS team to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient solutions
- Provide oversight and leadership as you apply your skills towards solidifying platform security, addressing IAM, and networking.
- Build new features and improve existing features to meet customer needs along our product roadmap.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Responsible and communicative!
- 5+ years of experience as a certified AWS engineer
- Excellent understanding of cloud optimization, security assessments, and cloud management.
- Ability to work in a remote team environment. Self-driven, organized and motivated to deliver results.
- Strong attention to detail while understanding and implementing strategies that follow industry best practices.
- You understand and can help to implement a Zero Trust approach to networking
- You can put together a plan for development, security, and optimization
- You understand the "lift and shift" approach for migrating applications to the cloud
- Contract position. Contract - to -hire is a possibility
- Flexible work schedule
Company - Software - 10 - 20 employees
Find work faster! Skill Deploy is where future-focused teams locate, hire and scale tech talent in real time. We custom-match top tech talent with companies ready to hire.