One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Senior Engineer, Backend
New York | California | Washington | Washington D.C. | Remote – USA
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Chainalysis has become the leader in blockchain investigation and compliance software. Our products have built trust in blockchains by taking down terrorist financing campaigns, disrupting major ransomware operations, identifying the Twitter hackers, and more.
We are building the data platform for blockchain, cryptocurrency, and web3. We are looking for backend engineers who will be critical to our mission and will be building and scaling the APIs and data layers our customers rely on every day to stop crime, understand risk, and strategize about their business. Our engineers deeply understand what is possible with cloud-native technologies and use those insights to enable our customers to push the boundaries of the cryptocurrency landscape.
About our engineering groups
- Compliance – this group is focused on growing the crypto ecosystem by simplifying the work needed for compliance and risk management at a massive scale. Our goal is to ensure developers can send data for any crypto asset and network, scale our systems to make sure we can handle the increasing volumes of data, and provide meaningful insights to our customers.
- Core Services – the group aims to create unique customer value through experiences that differentiate Chainalysis and make it greater than the sum of its parts. We make it easier and faster for teams to build great products, with highly leveraged building blocks that can be used everywhere.
- Data Intelligence – this group builds and scales the data platform for Product, Research, and other teams focused on blockchain protocols, analytics, and data enrichment to provide real-world and on-chain context for all of our products and customers.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if
- You have built a high-availability, scalable API leveraging the most relevant services from AWS
- You’ve added features to our product suite that detect activities for market manipulation, fraud, behavioral patterning, and more.
- You have built cloud-native data ingestion and aggregation processes that intake gigabytes of data per day.
- You have helped modernize our stack to a streaming architecture.
- Your team’s services are easy to set up locally and their health in production is simple to understand.
- Engineers on your team and throughout the company seek your guidance on API design, performance improvements, data model design, and other architectural decisions.
- You have debugged production issues and participated in a blameless post-mortem process to make our systems stronger.
A background like this helps:
- Experience designing and implementing microservices-based systems in a major cloud provider like AWS or GCP
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages. We mostly use Java but appreciate a variety of languages!
- A bias to ship and iterate alongside product management and design partners
- You have mentored and/or led other engineers and love to teach and learn from others
- Exposure to or interest in the cryptocurrency technology ecosystem
- Strong technical background with 5+ years of experience working directly on backend systems/ projects
- Experience with Terraform and Kubernetes is a plus!
The base salary range for this role is $133,700 to $167,100 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role. Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. Inidual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that ersity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our ersity culture.