One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Associate Payroll Analyst
Fridley, Minnesota, United States United States
Careers that Change Lives
You’ll be part of the US and Puerto Rico Payroll team responsible for timely and accurate pay by assisting with time administration, processing biweekly payroll, payroll/time testing, projects, training, and communications.
This position can reside in a US Medtronic office location or work remote.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes, audits, reconciles and resolves complex time administration, payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure smooth payroll processing.
- Ensures time and payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and applicable regulations.
- Researches and interprets regulatory requirements and resolves payroll, time, tax, withholding, garnishment, compensation, and benefits issues for payroll processing.
- Responds to auditing and regulatory inquiries.
- Creates standard operating procedures, responds to merger and acquisition activities, and monitors monthly journal entry and accurate schedules.
- May respond to and resolve client inquires.
- May work with system programmers to achieve solutions or administer company payroll system with outside service provider.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree
Nice to Have
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Experience using Workday
- Experience working with time-keeping systems, specifically Kronos
- Ability to respond to difficult or confusing situations using positive customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and displays a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Self-directed and a demonstrated strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work positively under pressure and tight time constraints as well as deal with frequent interruptions, unresolved situations, frequent change, delays and unexpected events
- Experience using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications
- Experience working in a multi-state environment
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.