One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Job Locations: US-Remote
Job ID 2023-2276
# of Openings 1
Type Fiscal Sponsorship Organizations
Location : Network for Public Health Law (Remote)
The Network for Public Health Law (Network)(networkforphl.org), with the support of its fiscal sponsor, TSNE, is a national organization providing leadership, legal technical assistance, and educational resources to help public health practitioners, attorneys, policymakers, researchers, advocates, and communities develop, implement, and enforce laws to solve public health challenges. NPHL is a fiscally sponsored organization of TSNE (tsne.org).
The Network is seeking a Program Coordinator to join the team at its Mid-States Region Office to provide operations and program support. The Program Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to assist the Mid-States team in managing a variety of projects and related activities. This work includes developing and maintaining an organized system for monitoring grants and contracts, tracking deliverables, reporting, and invoicing. Additional key duties will include corresponding with the public in response to email and telephone inquiries, supporting social media activities, contributing to the Region’s team-building activities, and providing logistical support for in-person meetings and events.
This is a fully remote position, with team members located across the country. The Network values collegiality, professionalism and consensus in its work and operations. As a team member, the Program Coordinator will work closely with all members of the Mid-States Region Office, as well as with team members from other Region Offices and the National Office.
Project Management and Budget Support
- Develop and maintain an organized system for preparing and monitoring execution of grants and contracts, tracking and reporting on project deliverables, and preparing and submitting invoices.
- Assist with entering information and project activities in Network database.
- Assist with monitoring budgets and expenditures across projects, including preparing budgets and compiling financial reports from multiple sources.
- Participate in developing and monitoring implementation of the Mid-States Region’s strategic plan.
Events and Communications
- Assist with developing and disseminating various types of communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide social media support to Region attorneys.
- Format and proofread documents.
- Assist with maintaining electronic listservs.
- Provide logistical support for in-person meeting and events.
Office Management and Administrative Support
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, including scheduling, compiling meeting agendas, recording and disseminating meeting minutes, and tracking completion of follow-up items.
- Contribute to updating and maintaining shared electronic filing systems.
- Contribute to Region team-building activities.
- Make travel arrangements and prepare expense reports.
- Order office supplies and coordinate purchase requests.
Other duties as assigned.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 3 or more years of work-related experience in executive support, project management, and/or communications, including social media.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office competency (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations; interest in public health is preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and be positive, creative, willing to learn, and hard-working.
- Required to use good judgment, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to travel once or twice pe
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable iniduals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Reach; traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); occasionally ascend/descend; and position self (to) move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Compensation and Benefits
Location: Work will be primarily performed remote.
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $50,000/yr and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and health leave time for full-time staff;
- 80% Employer-paid, offering some $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim along with several low-deductible plans;
- Low-cost MetLife Dental and Vision;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care;
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA;
TSNE/NPHL strives to achieve excellence through a erse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that embraces all of our inidual and collective differences. Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Middle Eastern and North African, Bilingual and/or Bicultural candidates, and LGBTQ2SIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We value and honor the unique talents, learning styles, and lived experiences of each inidual that enrich and strengthen our workplace culture, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
All employment conditions are based on an inidual’s performance and job qualifications. TSNE/NPHL prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, creed, color, religion, native language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, race-based hairstyles, or any other protected characteristic stated by federal and state law. Regardless of any class’ protection under the law or lack thereof, TSNE/NPHL celebrates ersity and values the strengths that come with having a erse team of employees. It is represented in our workplace culture, and it is who we are.
TSNE/NPHL’s EEO statement extends to volunteers, interns, contractors, vendors, and clients.