One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Location: Working remotely within NZ, APAC or Europe
Job Type: Full time, Permanent.
< class="h2">About MEGA>
MEGA The Privacy Company provides global services from its Head Office in New Zealand. Built with Privacy by Design, MEGA provides a range of end-to-end encrypted cloud storage and communication solutions for iniduals and businesses.
We launched in 2013, and have grown to a global team of over 170 people who are motivated by next-generation technology and design. Currently, MEGA supports more than 260M+ global registered users, with desktop and mobile apps across all major platforms.
< class="h2">About the role>
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting, developing, maintaining, and expanding automated test suites. Part of a global team, you will report to the Test Automation Team Lead.
You will make impact by
- architecting, developing, and maintaining test automation scripts, suites, and test cases
- mentoring junior team members on best practice and guiding them on how to resolve technical challenges and problems
- critiquing and providing feedback on new features and improvements
- reviewing our new features and product improvements against their old requirements, including debugging test automation issues
- cross-team collaboration with product, design, and QA teams, and other engineers to ensure we create great user experiences whilst also adhering to our high security and privacy standards underpinned by our end-to-end encryption
This role is initially for a fixed term period of 12 months, for the right candidate it could evolve into a permanent role. The role requires flexible working hours as you will collaborate with teams globally.
< class="h2">About you>
You enjoy finessing world-class products to ensure they are technically robust and user-friendly.
- 3+ years experience in automated testing development (Web, APIs, Mobile Apps, Desktop Apps) using Selenium/Appium/Espresso/XCTest etc.
- 1+ year experience of hands-on coding with strong debugging skills (Python preferred) and proficiency in development tools (git, Linux shell, GitLab/GitHub)
- a solid understanding of software design principles, SDLC and CI/CD
- extensive knowledge of software development in an agile/Scrum environment and proficiency in QA related tools (Jira, Testrail)
- a drive to present Clean Code
Ideally, you hold a tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
< class="h2">What MEGA offers>
Along with the freedom of remote and flexible working, continuous development and opportunities for future growth, you’ll enjoy a competitive remuneration package.
This is a stable role within a secure industry, with the opportunity to work with passionate and experienced engineers, designers, product managers and other stakeholders across the globe.
We have great and responsive leadership, a fun, hardworking team and plenty of ongoing learning opportunities that mean you’ll continue to grow with us.