Title: Data Analyst (Partner Performance Analytics)
Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
NerdWallet is seeking a data-driven, teamwork-focused professional for our Analytics team. This individual will provide digital data insights and innovations for our Business Development team. Successful candidates will work collaboratively to uncover data-driven insights and strategic recommendations for both internal and external teams, and will be expected to understand and contribute to all aspects of NerdWallet’s data. Ideal candidates will be passionate, collaborative and interested in the power of FinTech to improve consumers’ lives.
Where you can make an impact:
- Partner with the Business Development team to understand business partner strategy, challenges and goals, and discover areas for opportunity.
- Drive highly visible analytic projects and deliver data-driven recommendations to improve business results, such as affiliate pricing and conversion rates of user cohorts.
- Serve as a leader in defining metric calculations; partner with BI Engineers on development of self-serve dashboards to monitor KPIs and success metrics.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with partner analytics teams at NerdWallet to leverage shared platforms, best practices, insights and innovations.
- Surface insights and present results to Business Development leaders using a variety of tools Looker, slides, spreadsheets, etc.
- Highly productive: Work independently on a day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility and initiative for our business metrics.
- Structured thinker: Understand the key drivers to our business and identify how to modify them to improve business metrics.
- Excellent communicator: You thrive in collaborative groups. You are a good listener and build rapport with others. You present your analyses in a manner that non-technical people can understand.
- Consumer-first and positive thinker: You’re motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment business decisions here can connect and impact millions of users.
- Expert multi-tasker and prioritizer: Experience (and preferably an enjoyment of) balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Positive and adaptable: Demonstrates flexibility and constructive attitude in face of shifting business needs and personal responsibilities.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Proficient to expert level in SQL and handling big data (experience with Python or other scripting languages is a plus).
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a quantitative role, preferably at a consumer technology company.
- Strategic and analytical understanding of the dynamics of a marketplace.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, etc.).
- BA/BS degree (Masters a plus) – preferably in a quantitative field like Math, Statistics or Economics.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources