One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Job Category: Education Unit Services
Requisition Number: PARAL004343
- Locations: Online / Remote
ParalegalAmerican Public Education, Inc.
The Paralegal is responsible for providing assistance and support for the Legal Affairs team including Associate General Counsel, compliance, licensing, and general legal including contract management and review. The Paralegal reports to Vice President and Associate General Counsel. This position has no direct reports.
- Research and analysis of state laws and requirements of higher education regulators, including boards of nursing and other agencies
- Gathering and interpreting information to complete filings for company, institutional and programmatic approvals and renewals, as required for compliance with state laws
- Maintaining an appropriate level of communication and escalation of issues to superiors while acting independently on assigned projects
- Create and manage practicum site agreements and memorandums of understanding by utilizing appropriate contract management software
- Daily management of contracts inbox and data input into contract management software
- Assist Associate General Counsel and legal team in the proper management of business and educational contracts from creation to completion
- Work with insurance company to properly request and collect certificates of insurance
- Other duties as assigned and required
- Ability to conduct thorough regulatory research and accurate analysis, especially of complex statutes and administrative rules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to represent the organization in professional manner in external communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a erse community
- Must be detail oriented, organized, able to multi-task, and keep thorough, accurate records
- Self-motivated, able to work independently to see projects through from start to completion, and to meet firm deadlines
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and able to pivot quickly
- Trustworthiness and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and Adobe (PDF)
- Associate’s degree in paralegal studies
Online, on campus and in the workplace, we provide higher education and training to our country’s heroes military service members, veterans, nurses, government employees, and motivated professionals that want to make a difference. American Public Education, Inc. educates service-minded students, ranging from the military, public service, federal agencies, and nursing communities, through American Public University System (APUS), Hondros College of Nursing (HCON), Rasmussen University and Graduate School USA (GSUSA).
It is the policy of American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified iniduals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. American Public Education, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colorado, California, Washington and NYC Pay Transparency Statement
If you are a resident of Colorado, California, Washington or New York City and this role is available remotely, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Please send an email to email@example.com