One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Senior Product Manager, Editor Extensions
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
We’re looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager to drive the roadmap for Editor Extensions at GitLab. This team owns our extensions for Visual Studio, VS Code, Jetbrains, and Neovim.
The Editor Extension team is responsible for bringing GitLab functionality directly to the most popular code editors and IDEs, enabling developers to work more seamlessly and efficiently with GitLab. The GitLab Workflow extension for VS Code has been in use for a while, but it currently has a limited scope of features. The other extensions are still in initial development. This is an emerging area within GitLab that will collaborate closely with all other product areas, especially the Code Creation, Code Review, and IDE teams. It will also be necessary to work with the Secure, Govern, and Verify stages to enable developers to see application security scan results and pipeline job results within their IDEs. These areas of the product are focused on making it easy and intuitive to manage the various tasks that developers do while writing code, so that they are secure, compliant, and encourage best development practices.
You’ll lead cross-functionally with other GitLab stages to ensure our teams can drive our core differentiators. You’ll enable GitLab to lead from a position of product maturity while contributing to the strategic direction of the Editor Extensions capabilities, maintaining our lead and enabling our customers to ship software, faster.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with internal development, technical field, marketing, and other product teams continuing to mature Editor Extensions.
- Ensure that the next milestone contains the most relevant items to customers, users, and us
- Work with customers, users, and other teams to make feature proposals enticing, actionable, and small
- Keep /direction up to date as our high-level roadmap
- Ensure that we translate user demands to features that make them happy but keep the product UI clean and the codebase maintainable
- Willingness to keep up with the maturing DevSecOps market finding ways to collaborate well beyond the scope of Editor Extensions.
Additional core responsibilities of GitLab Product Managers.
What you’ll bring
- Prior experience working with developer tooling or IDE extensions
- Experience managing stakeholders, including internally-facing product teams, senior executives, field sales teams, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team in a large Product organization.
- High-level technical understanding of how teams manage their source code at scale
- Experience using developer tooling, especially DevOps platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally, as Editor Extensions/Create often contributes to and interacts with nearly every corner of the company.
- Experience building features within enterprise SaaS and Self-hosted software platforms.
About the team
Editor Extensions is a brand new team in GitLab focused on enabling developers working within their IDEs and code editors. The team is currently focused on enabling GitLab’s Code Suggestions within the most popular IDEs. The full scope of this group will include any way that developers will want to interact with GitLab from within their editors. The goal is to streamline development tasks and interactions with GitLab to reduce context switching while writing code. You can read more about the current priorities and challenges on the Editor Extensions Product Direction page.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently for residents of listed locations only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Colorado/Washington pay range
California/New York/New Jersey pay range
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.