Executive Assistant II
Job ID 2021-120523
Institution Chamberlain University
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status U.S. – Non-Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
The position provides a wide range of administration, general support and analysis duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature. Supporting three leaders within the organization, the position will have regular exposure to confidential material and requires a great deal of professionalism, discretion and integrity in dealing with internal and external contacts.
- Anticipate the needs and use discretion when setting priorities to keep the leaders updated and aware of meetings, agendas, travel, upcoming events, incoming emails and letters, situations relating to the administrative office, campuses, employees and visitors.
- Manages the leader’s calendar and contact database to schedule meetings, make travel arrangements (airline, car service, rental car, hotel, etc.), order office supplies/equipment, prepare expense statements, reserve and prepare facilities and catering.
- Act as a liaison between the leader and colleagues, clients and all external contacts, by utilizing good judgment in determining when to act independently and when to refer matters for further attention.
- Handle a wide variety of complex situations and time conflicts involving the business/administrative functions of the office and is responsible for confidential and time sensitive material on a regular basis.
- Prepare high level documentation and advanced correspondence for presentation to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage, log and track expenses.
- Organize large meetings which may include multiple departments of the organization.Offer support and assistance to other departments and colleagues as needed for special projects and/or events.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required but may substitute a combination of education and experience.
- 8 years executive assistant experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Microsoft applications; Meeting note taking.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to maintain composure when working under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion daily as well as when presented with confidential information.