One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Assistant, Legal & Business Affairs
job requisition id
Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Our global Legal and Business Affairs department believes in the promise and power of teamwork. When we work together as a cohesive unit supporting, involving, appreciating and respecting each other we can elevate our company, our clients, and ourselves. At A+E Networks, we have built and developed a culture based on the principles of effective communication, collaboration, accountability and trust. These guiding principles serve as our north star as we partner and strategize with other departments across the Company to help A+E Networks achieve its goals and stay at the forefront of a highly competitive, rapidly changing industry. If you share these values and want to learn more about who we are and what we do, consider joining our team.
THE ROLE: Legal Assistant, Legal & Business Affairs
Provide administrative support to Legal & Business Affairs lawyers and others in the NY Content Group responsible for interacting with a large number of production companies and their representatives (lawyers, agents, etc.) and internal clients throughout the company.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Assistant and Administrative role:
- Manage and organize paper flow (e.g., draft transmittal letters/emails, prepare/format agreements for signatures, return originals to clients [likely via DocuSign], file all relevant documentation [including important emails] in legal electronic document system, eDocs, and [as requested] hard files).
- Handle the L&BA function responsible for facilitating the processing of programming-related payments in a timely manner (requiring significant interaction with external production-company personnel and internal Accounting colleagues).
- Create, distribute, and maintain organized and up-to-date assignment lists, files and tracking spreadsheets (paper and electronic). Recommend processes (or modifications to processes) to increase team’s efficiencies. General administrative support, including scheduling meetings and calls [e.g., Zoom, Teams, in person bookings], managing attorney schedules, handling travel arrangements and expenses, and overseeing team’s vacation calendar.
- Coordination of workload and tasks with other team assistant required, as well as with the ision Executive Assistant.
- Other tasks as assigned and necessary, including (if time permits), creating, revising and drafting basic documents (e.g., Deal Memos, amendments) under supervision of an attorney.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
You will be part of a unified team that works to foster a culture of excellence that supports and drives A&E’s goals in a changing media and business landscape. You’ll have the opportunity to participate with a team that encourages clients to embrace Legal and Business Affairs as a strategic partner. We have the people, strength, and scope to handle what comes our way. You’ll be able to improve processes and skills department-wide, so that we all may collaborate, excel and grow, inidually and as a group.
- Minimum of 3 years legal administrative experience required; some experience with contracts and client-contact strongly preferred. Past experience or interest working on the business side of media and/or entertainment a plus.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of eDocs, HotDocs, DocuSign, AirTable and Concur advantageous but not required.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks with ease and be proactive/take initiative.
- Exceptional skill at tracking large volume of projects for multiple attorneys (or other professionals), providing timely reminders regarding follow up (both with internal group, and external recipients).
- Strong communication, writing, and proofreading skills required.
- Maturity and good judgment a must, as this position will require dealing regularly with confidential documents. Ability to interact appropriately by email and telephone with senior-level executives, outside counsel, agents, and producers.
- Internet and systems savvy a must.
- Candidate must be a team player
Hourly Pay Range: $29.04 – $36.44
Annual Incentive Target: 5%
The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum base pay range for this role. Compensation for the role will be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, location, and experience. A+E offers a competitive total compensation package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k matching, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.