One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the hundreds of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
Sezzle is seeking a Data Analyst to drive business success with analytics. This is a quantitative and technical role: you will code, and you will code a lot. This is a collaborative role: you will talk and you will listen; you will teach and you will learn. You’ll be responsible for quantitative operational, financial and strategic analytics & reporting. You will collaborate closely with business leaders to create, drive, implement and measure solutions. Teams you collaborate with can include Product, Engineering, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Support, Legal and People Operations.
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest iniduals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of ersity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with business teams to understand their priorities and analytics needs
- Create sophisticated analyses and reporting to provide insights at scale that support growth strategies and empower data-informed decision-making
- Visualize and articulate analytics results to make it easy for stakeholders to interpret and take actions
- Help stakeholders identify new opportunities through data analysis
- Create, monitor, review, and analyze reports and dashboards, take initiative to fix issues that arise and conduct root cause analyses
- Degree in statistics, math, finance, economics, data science, computer science or related quantitative discipline
- 1+ years of professional experience working with data, which can include: complex dataset creation, reporting, profiling, and machine learning
- Expert in using SQL to extract data and create actionable data sets
- Experience with Python for data processing and analytics
- Ability to complete analyses with minimal guidance
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Redash, Tableau, Looker or Power BI
- Comfortable making impactful decisions in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment, able to pivot quickly to new priorities
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong business judgment and communication skills
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline
- Experience optimizing operational and financial performance
- Experience in payments, financial services, banking, fintech, BNPL, etc…
The Tech You’ll Work With:
- Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Data build tool (dbt)
- AWS, G Suite, Mac
- Online assessment
- Conversation with our recruiter.
- SQL interview with Coderpad. Share your SQL knowledge.
- Verbal case study interview. Share how you approach new problems. A “How would you…” conversation.
- Verbal behavioral interview. Share your problem-solving experience. A “Tell me about a time when you…” conversation.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and benefits
- Generous stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and long term disability insurance
- 401k with match
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven iniduals
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.