We're on the hunt for a Tax Analyst to join our growing Tax team in Finance based in Tallinn. As the majority of the tax team is based in London (with one team member in Estonia), you will need to be an independent self-starter with amazing communication skills.
- Help to prepare indirect tax returns for the UK, Belgium, UAE, South Africa, Singapore, Australia and other countries as required. This includes working with other members of the finance team to extract the relevant data, ensuring processes are fully documented, controls are operating effectively, and returns are reconciled back to the balance sheet.
- Eventually take ownership of the overall indirect tax reporting process globally. This includes delivering training, adhering to controls, managing risks and judgement schedules, and identifying ways to automate and streamline manual tasks using existing systems or emerging technologies.
- Support the rest of the Indirect tax team in helping the business to manage and optimise the overall indirect tax positions of the group. This may include ad hoc technical research, leading projects and liaising with external advisors to ensure tax requirements for any new products or geographical regions are properly understood, captured and reported.
- Engage in team-wide initiatives including budgeting, forecasting, planning, risks and controls. It is important to be interested in and engaged in all tax initiatives and to work closely with the International Tax Managers. This will ensure full alignment across the team and provide the opportunity to get involved in corporate and operational taxes over time.
- Develop strong relationships with the group accounting and accounting operations team, as well as controllers, to ensure the impact of indirect taxes are understood and reflected in the financials.
- Some practical experience in finance or accounting (c. 1+ years)
- Solid understanding of core accounting principles and the 3 financial statements
- Comfortable with large volumes of data and ability to understand, manipulate and interpret data
- Independent self-starter with solution oriented mindset and with amazing communication skills
- SQL or ability to quickly learn it
Some extra skills that would be great
- Finance or Accounting degree
- Practical experience of indirect taxes in an in-house environment or consulting business
Some of your benefits:
- Stock options in a listed company
- Generous parental leave
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you've got great experience, the right skills for the role and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.Summary
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Finance Analyst
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy