One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Corporate Paralegal (Remote)
We are actively seeking a Corporate Paralegal to join our Legal team. As a Corporate Paralegal, you will be responsible for ensuring the flawless execution and delivery of services by the Legal Department. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with change, detail oriented, highly organized, and a proactive problem solver. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, you will be the 2nd hire in the legal department where we anticipate significant growth both within and company-wide.
Fleetio (pronounced “flee-tee-oh) is a leading provider of fleet management SaaS that helps organizations of all sizes track, analyze, automate, and manage their vehicles and equipment. With a purpose-built, easy-to-use, and comprehensive suite of tools and features, Fleetio makes it easy for fleet managers to optimize their operations, reduce costs, and improve safety and compliance.
We’ve become a trusted partner for thousands of businesses across the globe, from small startups to large enterprises. With a focus on innovation, customer success, and sustainable growth, Fleetio is on a mission to transform fleet management.
What makes us special, you might ask? We’ve been remote-friendly since 2012 and have been recognized as Birmingham Alabama’s Best Places to Work five years in a row. We have over 200 employees all over the United States, Canada, and Mexico, and have over 5000 paying customers in 70+ countries. It’s an exciting time at Fleetio as we’re growing 50+% year on year and have just closed our Series C round led by our incredible investment partner, Elephant. We’re building the fleet management platform of the future the single screen for fleet managers to drive their businesses forward.
More about our product and company:
- Fleetio product overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- Our careers page: https://www.fleetio.com/careers
- Check us out on Glassdoor (i.e., people love working here): https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Fleetio-Reviews-E1745407.htm
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for providing support to Fleetio’s Associate General Counsel, assisting with a very broad variety of legal and administrative matters, with a heavy emphasis on all aspects of drafting, reviewing and amending contracts.
- Assist with reviewing, drafting, populating, and redlining agreements such as MSAs, non-disclosure agreements, statements of work, and various customer/vendor agreements.
- Work effectively with, and respond to various i requests from, internal business teams regarding agreements, legal processes, supplier/vendor and other documents, etc.
- Maintain records to ensure adherence to all contractual obligations.
- Prepare general correspondence in support of contracts, sales, and corporate departments.
- Work as a change agent to improve and streamline legal department operations, through the continuous assessment of policies and procedures, work processes and program effectiveness and value.
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of various legal documents, including corporate governance agreements, customer and vendor agreements, and compliance policies.
- Act as point of contact for departmental tracking of contracts, updates, and more.
- Assist with the preparation, filing, and maintenance of corporate records.
- Maintain several contract platform databases.
- Other job duties as assigned.
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of A players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. We strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning.
- Be sure to mention coffee in your application so we know you actually read this.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a corporate paralegal.
- Considered a plus: experience working in an in-house legal department at a software company.
- Bachelors or associates degree required. Paralegal certificate considered a plus but not required if you have the right experience.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a high-pressure environment, possess excellent communication skills and phone etiquette, work well in a team environment, as well as work independently.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Google Workspace, Adobe Pro, and electronic signature software such as DocuSign.
- Prefer experience in contract management software (IronClad, Productiv), workplace content management systems (Asana) and Salesforce, and be comfortable with upgrades and technology improvements, and process change.
- You’re confident operating autonomously and comfortable escalating when required.
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO – 4 weeks
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long-term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012 #LI-REMOTE