Executive Administrative Assistant
Job Locations(All) | US-Remote
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Under limited supervision and acting on own initiative, performs various administrative duties for Executive level Managers, General Managers or Manager of department(s). Assignments generally involve work of a confidential nature and require a thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs.
- Assembles and analyzes information; prepares reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence and memorandum as guided by general company practice
- Establishes and maintains departmental databases and develops spreadsheets of importance to department
- Assists in meeting planning and preparation work needed, i.e., drafting agendas and broader communications
- Coordinates details of departmental meetings and/or on and off site conferences and events
- Prepares materials in final form from very rough and involved drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and which combines materials from several sources
- Manages business travel arrangements
- Screens/ redirect calls, takes messages, handles mail
- Coordinates activities across departments and follows up to ensure that requests are carried out
- Processes expense reports and payment of invoices
- Interfaces with other assistants to share and coordinate workload
- May cross train lower level assistants in the departments
- Performing additional accountabilities as required
- A Bachelor’s Degree or international equivalent or technical school or one or more year’s related experience in a like role and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years Executive Assistant experience with at least two years supporting level executives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, including Senior Executives, Board of Directors and Clients.
- Experience working in a fast paced corporate environment with ability to effectively handle competing assignments
Benefits of Working in ICON:
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.