One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Senior Paralegal, Risk Management & Dispute Resolution
Location: Remote, US
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
In this role, you will assist in the management of matters ranging from internal claims, disputes, and concerns with current and/or former vendors or customers. This position will manage GitLab’s e-discovery program, create processes for and manage incoming requests, organize and draft responses (at the direction of counsel), assist with litigation matters, hold process creation and management, and organize a docket of required communications. This role will report to the Senior Director of Risk Management & Dispute Resolution.
What you’ll do
- Act as the DRI ( Directly Responsible Inidual ) with respect to complex / strategic projects, legal matters and e-discovery
- Guide other Paralegals, and personally develop and add information and content to internal knowledge-base repositories and playbooks
- Manage GitLab’s e-discovery program in collaboration with the Information Technology and Information Security teams, including acting as the DRI on GitLab’s e-discovery toolset; collection and preservation of electronically stored information across various data sources; and drafting and issuing of legal holds.
- Manage case dockets, and prepare and review subpoena and discovery responses.
- Engage leadership across the organization to proactively address requests and projects
- At the direction of leadership, research legal, regulatory and industry standards to identify areas of improvement to enable GitLab to meet best-in-class standards
- Identify and design new processes and procedures with regards to requests from internal stakeholders
- Maintain and audit varying types of records
What you’ll bring
- Minimum of 8+ years experience working in a law firm, in-house legal department, or combination of both, in a paralegal capacity with emphasis on litigation; and/or at an e-discovery vendor or managed service provider
- Paralegal certification preferred but will consider comparable experience in lieu of certification
- Experience with e-discovery processes, forensic data collections and evidence handling.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects and work on tight deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt and willingness to work on a variety of projects and types of requests
- Strong attention to detail and affinity for use of various types of technologies including Slack, G-Suite, Microsoft Office and other applications
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven inidual with strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn and use GitLab
About the team
The Risk Management and Dispute Resolution (RMDR) ision of GitLab Legal & Corporate Affairs (LACA) is responsible for informing and guiding GitLab’s risk management strategies as well as managing internal and external investigations, litigation and other dispute resolution. We seek to support resolution across a wide range of topics, including responding to subpoenas and discovery requests, drafting and revising legal documentation, managing investigations and negotiating and drafting agreements. It is our goal to proactively address and resolve these matters in support of GitLab’s business objectives, coordinating with internal business partners across the company whenever appropriate.
You can learn more about the Legal & Corporate Affairs team and its other functions here.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently for residents of listed locations only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Colorado/Washington pay range
California/New York/New Jersey pay range
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.