One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
About: The Role
Location: Remote (US). This is a remote position with the expectation that you will work US hours (EST).
Hours: 9am-6pm EST. Due to Snappy employees being in Tel Aviv, Europe and across the US, we schedule all company-wide meetings and events in EST. We do our best to respect and accommodate your personal time, but please know that there will be company-wide meetings and events that will be held in EST.
Compensation: We feel passionately about transparency in compensation. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $120,000-$170,000 with a target bonus up to 10%.
*The salary offered will be based on years of experience, skillset, and location.
Here at Snappy, we’re on the search for a Commercial Counsel. You will be an instrumental member of our small but mighty (and growing) legal team! This role includes work in the traditional in-house portfolio such as: negotiating contracts, supporting all departments and functions with legal review and advice, managing risk, and resolving disputes. You will have the opportunity to learn all about and support Snappy’s various lines of business, including: our B2B platform, our B2C platform, and our retail partners and enterprise vendors. We’re looking for someone who is bright, curious, a quick learner, and who is interested in developing a broad understanding of key areas of law that affect our business, such as corporate, commercial, intellectual property, privacy, transactional and compliance. This position will work closely with leaders of other departments to achieve business objectives, mitigate risks, and meet legal obligations as Snappy continues its growth.
- Provide timely, business-focused advice to all departments, including Sales, Operations, Product, Analytics, Finance, R&D, Marketing and People Teams.
- Help develop and manage a global contracting approach in coordination with the relevant stakeholders to reduce friction, improve efficiency and accelerate the sales process across all regions; revise and maintain MSA templates and playbooks; and provide dedicated support for MSA negotiation and customer diligence requests.
- Review, negotiate and advise on commercial and data privacy agreements and a wide range of other commercial agreements.
- Research novel issues of law and regulatory trends to anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Be mentored along the way, be challenged to develop your legal and business skills, and be encouraged to engage with your colleagues to enjoy the supportive culture and fun that Snappy has to offer.
- A JD from an ABA-accredited institution and an active membership in a U.S. state bar in good standing.
- 2-4 years of experience; 2 years of general commercial experience in B2B context and prior in-house experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating a erse range of commercial agreements.
- The ability to manage projects from inception to completion including engaging relevant stakeholders and providing quality deliverables.
- A high-caliber, solutions-oriented attorney who is business-minded with practical risk awareness.
- Strategic and results-driven, creative, proactive and resourceful.
- A self-starter who is at home in a fast-paced, high-growth and informal start-up environment where demands and priorities can change rapidly.
- An efficient and effective communicator across all different levels and teams; able to tailor communication relative to the recipient.
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and being hands-on.
- Willing to challenge yourself outside of your comfort-zone.
- Eager to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners and an all around team player.
Bonus Points for:
- Substantive knowledge of U.S. and non-U.S. privacy laws.
- In-house experience scaling business and legal processes and policies for a rapidly growing SaaS and/or marketplace company.
If you share our values and enthusiasm for spreading the love of gifting, we’d love to review your application. We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today.
The Product: Snappy is an award-winning gifting company with platforms that combine fun, personal experiences with advanced technology to take the guesswork out of gifting. We’re reinventing the way companies and iniduals express appreciation by offering fun and interactive gifting that lets people choose the gift they actually love. Our enterprise platform helps over 2,500 corporate customers (from Fortune 100 to small business) send gifts to their employees and customers, and we’ve recently expanded our suite of offerings to include a consumer-facing personal gifting platform, allowing anyone to send gifts to their families and friends.
The Company: Snappy is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of passion, humility and endless positivity are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to tackle problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and willingness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: We’ve seen firsthand that our experience boosts morale, improves performance, and (most importantly!) spreads joy so, of course, we practice what we preach! Here at Snappy, we believe wholeheartedly in building a culture of appreciation, dedication, and fun! We offer all sorts of benefits and perks to our employees including, but not limited to: Free healthcare depending on coverage level and plan selection (including free vision and dental on all plans), a generous 401k match, flexible PTO, paid family leave, snacks and lunches delivered straight to your home, Snappy Summer Fridays (which are enjoyed all year round!), and Snappy gifts galore! If you are in the NYC metro area, you will always be welcome to work in person at the Snappy office – although this is not a requirement!.
Snappy’s DE&I Commitment: Snappy is committed to creating an authentically erse & inclusive company with collective perspectives. Our goal is to serve the broad needs of our employees, partners, customers, and global communities. Snappy’s mission is to be a leader in the ersity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) space. In order to accomplish this, we work hard to ensure that everyone’s thoughts and opinions are valued, always. In practice, we build trust with one another by creating safe spaces for everyone to organically be themselves, encourage our teams to bring out the best in each other, engage in honest conversations, and work collaboratively to achieve our goals.
Snappy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Other fun facts about Snappy:
- Snappy CEO, Hani Goldstein, loves to give so much so that she founded a company to do just that. Check out Inc.com’s Founder Profile of Hani for more!
- Founded in 2015, Snappy completed a $70M Series C funding round in May of 2021 and was named Inc.’s fastest-growing company in the Northeast in 2021 and 2022 with two-year revenue growth of 5184%.
- Snappy has become the trusted partner to over 2,500 enterprise customers and has sent millions of gifts worldwide.
- 41% of Fortune 100 companies use Snappy as part of their awards and recognition programs.
- Snappy is headquartered in New York City and has a team of more than 200 people across four countries.
- Snappy is featured on Fortune’s “Best Small & Medium Workplaces,” Best Workplace for Millennials, and Best Workplace in Tech lists.
- In November 2022, Snappy celebrated a $1 Million Donation Milestone to Make-A-Wish
- Snappy is backed by elite investors GGV Capital, 83North, Saban Ventures, and Hearst Ventures
- Snappy’s stance on ersity and inclusion, its active focus on give-back programs, and its fundamental mission to spread happiness through fun, thoughtful gifts lead the way in unlocking the power of human kindness.