One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Senior Video Producer
- CONTENT – PRODUCTION
- The Muse is a values-based job search platform used by over 70 million people annually to connect with companies and find a career that matches their values.
- Founded in 2011, we were named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
- We have a highly erse userbase of Millennial & Gen Z jobseekers who we help connect with companies as wide-ranging as Apple, Nike and the FBI, on the strength of those companies’ values, cultures, and employee experiences.
- Our users come to TheMuse.com for original career advice from prominent experts, access to the best coaches, and a behind-the-scenes look at job opportunities.
- Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
- We’re looking for a Senior Video Producer to join our growing Video Team!
- In this position, you’ll report to the Executive Producer and work closely with our Post-Production and Project Management team to deliver a seamless production process for clients such as Meta, Enterprise Holdings, BlackRock and Nike, and smaller FinTech, Marketing/Sales and Retail businesses.
- You’ll also work closely with our Sales and Account Management teams, ensuring that all client goals are being covered in their video shoots.
- You will be joining the team at an exciting time as we expand our product offering, improve video distribution & performance and develop impactful social and editorial video concepts for The Muse’s own channels.
How you’ll make an impact
- With the assistance of the Junior Coordinator, you’ll coordinate and manage operational and logistical needs for onsite and remote shoots, ensuring all parties involved are adequately scheduled and prepared.
- You will work on a range of video products, from remote shoots to more complex branded content pieces for clients and fun, advice-driven editorial video for The Muse’s own channels.
- You’ll conduct interviews remotely using Open Reel, and at times on set, asking the right interview questions to make people feel at ease and ready to step in front of the camera.
- You’ll assist in managing relationships with our roster of freelance videographers, and remote producers negotiating rates, generating SOWs, booking travel, following up on deadlines, collecting shoot notes, checking & handing off footage to the post-production team, and be on hand to resolve any issues that arise on set.
- Working closely with the Executive Producer, you’ll ideate concepts and create pitch materials to help clients celebrate their work culture and attract the best talent through video.
- You’ll develop and help produce short form social, editorial and SEO-driven video content for TheMuse.com, to be embedded into relevant articles or distributed on Youtube.
- You’ll be responsible for managing custom budgets for our premium shoots ranging from $45k-$145k
- Working closely with the Video Post-Production Manager, you’ll oversee the post production process, QCing footage, collecting client feedback, and ensuring delivery deadlines are met.
- You’ll select the best office photography from client shoots and manage feedback and delivery.
- You’ll be responsible for delivering final video assets either by publishing them on TheMuse.com via our CMS or media manager, or off-platform using Gdrive or hard-drives.
Why we’ll love you
- You’re a creative force looking to bring your talents to a variety of clients through a range of formats
- You have 6+ years of production experience, with experience in both remote & field production
- You’re excited to help shape The Muse’s new editorial and social video strategy and develop the best career advice videos on the web!
- You’re comfortable traveling out of state if needed (due to COVID, travel may not be required)
- You’re a positive person, team player, and love to work with people from all backgrounds.
- You’re skilled at balancing unique client requests with the needs of the business
- You’re a self-starter who can manage multiple projects and tight deadlines with ease
- You have a strong attention to detail and rarely let things fall through the cracks
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You excel in building relationships and are comfortable providing critical feedback to freelancers
- You are flexible and can quickly adapt to shifting requirements
- You’re process-oriented and are excited about creating organization out of chaos
- You’re tech-savvy and comfortable navigating a variety of software programs from GSuite, and Open Reel to Safesforce and Airtable.
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work every day knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from iniduals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a erse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.