One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
POETS & WRITERS, INC. ASSISTANT EDITOR, ONLINE RESOURCES
The assistant editor, online resources, is an integral part of the team responsible for developing and maintaining Poets & Writers’ website, which attracts more than 1.5 million unique visitors per year and is the creative writer’s primary online source for information and advice. Responsibilities include maintaining a variety of databases, participating in the development of new online resources, and conducting related research. The position offers a fastidious, knowledgeable, and web-savvy person an opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of Poets & Writers’ fast-growing online service to creative writers.
This is a remote, part-time position. Candidates must be U.S. residents and available to work twenty hours per week between 11:00AM and 7:00PM EST, Monday to Friday; exact days and hours negotiable.
Annual salary: $22,500.
- Maintaining P&W’s databases of small presses, literary magazines, literary agents, literary places, MFA programs, and review outlets.
- Producing select online content, including Clips for the Poets & Writers Theater and others, as assigned.
- Assisting with the maintenance of P&W’s online resources, including the Directory, Top Topics for Writers, and the Literary Events Calendar.
- Promoting select content on social media, as needed. • Ensuring that assigned content areas are current and accurate and adhere to house style.
- Learning, adapting to, and providing feedback on online features, tools, resources, and databases, and providing input on website enhancements/improvements.
- With digital director and marketing team, create visibility for online resources, including promotion and engagement on social media, outreach to P&W constituencies, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills.
- Web savvy; strong experience with maintaining databases.
- Highly organized and outstanding attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the literary marketplace.
- Independent, self-motivated worker.
- At least one year of office experience.
- Passion for contemporary poetry and literary prose.
- Experience with basic HTML, Drupal, e-newsletters, and social media, a plus.
- Experience as a proofreader or fact-checker, a plus.
- Upholds P&W’s values—service, integrity, inclusivity, and excellence—and shares our commitment to antiracism.