One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Time zones: GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), AST (UTC -4), FKST (UTC -3)
Our customer support team builds that trust through calls, emails, chat, and the occasional screen share. This gives people the confidence to deliver interactive presentations that are open and engaging. Poll Everywhere users tend to be leaders in their organizations and they reach out for help because they're preparing for a presentation that just can't go wrong. Sometimes they're nervous, and sometimes they're on a deadline. Because of this, we elevate support as a practice much more than most tech companies.
This role is highly technical and requires you to take end-to-end ownership of customer-facing issues such as advanced troubleshooting and root cause identification. Our Customer Support team is based on levels, because of this, we only hire experienced people for this role. Our Senior Technical Support Specialist l is the first level of our support team. From there it goes to Senior Technical Support Specialist ll, then to Advocate. All of our CS Team members are Senior as our product is complex and technical in nature.
Our growth has created an environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. Former support team members have gone on to become customer success managers, product managers, front-end engineers, and operations managers all within Poll Everywhere. Support team alumni now work at Accenture, Google, and Chorus.
Objectives of the role
- Ability to multi-task, effectively working through email, phone, and chat. Additional support includes troubleshooting the issue reported; looking through documentation; searching account info in admin.
- Prioritize workload and determine what is most important in your work day. Which emails to follow up on first; determine how much time to spend on dedicated projects assigned; determine when to escalate calls/emails.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills; thinking through technical issues and providing resolution.
- Work independently with good decision-making skills as the role will require some stand-alone work time
Daily & monthly responsibilities
- Create resolution for customers with a blend of patience, wit, and crystal-clear communication. You'll directly support customers via email tickets, incoming calls (which may require context switching), and the occasional screen share. In the future, we'll offer chat support.
- Work closely with Engineering and QA to troubleshoot, reproduce, and escalate product-related bugs proactively. Follow debugging procedures to diagnose technical issues in web, mobile, and desktop apps.
- Work with both new and existing customers to resolve product and billing-related questions. You'll work with our finance team to process payments and refunds.
- 3-5 years of experience in a client-facing software support role (preferably SaaS) with an understanding of customer service, technical issue resolution, and support best practices.
- You have a working knowledge of Windows and macOS platforms in order to resolve complex issues. You're proficient in installing and troubleshooting software on these platforms.
- Experience working remote on a distributed team spread across several time zones
- Proficiency with Zendesk, Slack, Pivotal, Notion, or other comparable online support and collaboration tools
- You have experience communicating and problem-solving with other departments such as engineering, QA, design, sales, customer success, and marketing.
- You have a collaborative mindset and view feedback as a 2-way street. You're open to communicating needs that will set you up for success with your team and coach.
- You take initiative and are energized even when a clear path isn't laid out for you.
- You believe in self-care and want to work on a team that places an emphasis on rest and development due to the nature of this work existing in a high-pressure time-sensitive environment that requires you to prioritize urgent tasks based on customer needs and your day-to-day responsibilities.