One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
At Mimo, we believe that coding can open doors to careers and opportunities like few other skills. That's why we've rallied around the common goal of making coding universally accessible.
We're looking for a backend developer to join our cross-functional engagement team. You'll build the business logic and protocols that deliver flexible flows across devices, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our infrastructure to become the largest global tech school and help millions more to learn to code.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll design, build, and ship major user-facing engagement features in collaboration with product managers, designers, and developers, using C# and ASP.NET Core with some TypeScript sprinkled on top for some microservices.
- You’ll develop backend components in conjunction with SQL Server, the underlying database on top of Entity Framework Core as ORM.
- You’ll design scalable REST APIs and background jobs that support the growth of the Mimo App and Web version.
- You’ll build and operate infrastructure, toolset, and deployment pipelines, taking operational ownership of the services.
You’ll thrive in this role if
- You’re a seasoned developer. You have multiple years of experience as a developer shipping features for large-scale and real-time applications using C# and ASP.NET Core, building consumer-facing products, and actively helping others to improve.
- You’ve built and maintained APIs. You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems, bringing a sound understanding of API design and best practices.
- You care about code quality. You follow engineering best practices like code reviews to ensure and maintain excellent application performance and code quality.
- You take the lead to ensure reliability. Practical experience securing, monitoring, log analysis and conducting investigations in cloud-based environments (we use GCP).
- You bring excellent attention to detail. You’ll put the user first when reasoning trade-offs while caring deeply about close attention to detail.
- You ooze the values of the DevOps mindset. You’re intensely curious and passionate about running software in DevOps environments and eager to explore more about DevOps and SRE.
- You know a thing or two about architecture, containerization, and orchestration. You’re keen to learn/or use container systems like Docker and/or Platform as a Service.
- You have a sense of ownership. You believe in solving a problem entirely rather than simply shipping a solution. You operate autonomously and follow through on your commitments.
How we work
- We’re a distributed team working between the time zones of Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5) and Eastern European Time (UTC +2) for collaboration. For this role, we ask you to be located adjacent to Eastern European Time (UTC ±0 to UTC +2).
- If you’re located outside this time zone range and want to move to the company’s official headquarters in Austria, we’ll handle the work permit process and cover travel expenses.
- If you prefer to work outside your home, we offer a physical location in Vienna and co-working stipends in other cities.
- We love working async so that you can set your own pace and schedule.
Our global perks and benefits
- We have a remote-first mentality and give everyone a home-office budget.
- 25 days of paid vacation in addition to your local public holidays and paid sick leave.
- We sponsor team retreats throughout Europe and remote-friendly activities, like hack weeks and coffee breaks.
- To further develop yourself, use our €1k growth budget for books, online courses, conferences, or anything else that supports your development.
- To give our menstruating team members the time off to cater to their health when needed during their menstrual cycle, we offer up to 2 days of paid menstrual leave per month.
- Your annual gross salary is €61k, which will automatically increase by 5% yearly. No questions asked.
- The chance to build a world-class product, positively impact millions of aspiring developers, and be a virtual owner of the company with equity (phantom stock).
With the Mimo app, we've made it easy and fun for more than 15 million beginners to start coding on the go and build up their confidence to pursue a career in tech. From bite-size coding exercises to full-fledged projects, we’re helping our learners form a habit of coding and reach university-level learning outcomes. And with the launch of cohort-based programs, we’re well on our way toward becoming the world’s largest tech school. If you, too, want to help millions of people learn to code and eventually become developers, this is your opportunity to shape the future of tech education.