Bonfire is an e-commerce platform where anyone can design and sell custom apparel online with a no-inventory campaign-based model. Our users range widely, including nonprofits raising money and building brand awareness, content creators engaging their audiences, individuals launching personal fundraisers and everything in between.
We build software that facilitates just about every aspect of buying or selling custom apparel online. Our UX-heavy modules include our self service merchandise design tool and campaign/store setup flows which dovetail into our highly trafficked campaign pages & checkout flows. We also build for the supply chain & logistics side of our business, with portals and services that serve admin, pre-production, design and fulfillment needs.
Bonfire is looking for a DevOps Engineer who’s familiar with AWS services and will be focused on migration of our on-prem hosted infrastructure to the cloud!
This individual will work on an international and fully remote team of engineers, product managers, IT specialists etc. and would report directly to the Director of Engineering.
Are you ready to join an amazing company doing good in this wonderful world?
- You are a critical thinker, a fast learner, and enjoy being a problem solver
- Working with AWS services is your second nature
- You have vast experience with deploying Java/PHP apps to the cloud and setting up CI/CD pipelines for automated testing/deployments
- You know your way around the linux shell and are happy to SSH into a server (production and staging)
- You are proficient with git and git workflows
- You have a working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Spearhead and oversee the migration of the current infrastructure from on-prem to the cloud (AWS)
- Actively follow the software and systems development lifecycle and DevOps practices
- Automate management and orchestration tasks for implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Automate common operations on critical systems in a safe and reliable manner
- Participates in architecture and software development activities
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions
- Uses open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow
- Collaborate with engineering teams to increase the operational stability of the platform
- Collaborates with the team to uncover pain points and formulate ways to accelerate delivery
- Partner with agile teams to build and deliver software releases and infrastructure improvements through improved CI/CD processes
- Identify bottlenecks in development and deployment processes and demonstrate leadership in problem solving
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledgeable with microservices development and design patterns
- Knowledgeable with Java application development
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Someone who has worked with several of the following tools, but is open to exploring new options too:
- Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, GitLab…
- Cloud technologies – fluent in AWS
- Container technologies, Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- You are able to estimate the cost of the AWS servers that we need in our infrastructure (use AWS price calculator)
You’re in good company (with a good company). We offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment
- A positive, engaging culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to take time off as needed
- The chance to make a real impact on the company’s growth and history
- The ability to help make a difference in thousands of people’s lives
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself (while having fun)