One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Federal Sr. HR Staffing Specialist
Sr. HR Specialist Recruiting & Staffing
We need a Federal Human Resources (HR) Sr. Staffing & Recruiting Specialist to support the Government Publishing Office (GPO). You’ll work on HR processing actions, support new hire onboarding actions, and assist the senior-level recruiting & staffing HR specialists. This is a full-time opportunity. We can offer job security and stability, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Consults with hiring managers on recruitment actions discussing a variety of topic such as the position, special considerations, general recruitment information, and areas of consideration, assessment information and job analysis
- Manages internal and external recruitments by developing multiple recruitment strategies utilizing such methods and sources as Delegated Examining, Merit Promotion, special hiring authorities (ex. Veteran’s Recruitment Act (VRA), 30%, Disability, student programs, temporary/term employment
- Prepares vacancy announcements using USA Staffing and USAJobs and completes all required actions, including job analysis, crediting plan, identifying best qualified candidates, issuing a certificate of eligible candidates and extending final job offers
- Provides guidance and advisory services to operating managers in analyzing and proposing solutions to personnel management problems
- Knowledge of prohibited personnel practices
- Performs position analysis to determine organizational requirements
- Knowledge and strong ability to Adjudicate Veteran’s Preference
- Evaluates qualification and eligibility or positions being filled
- Determines recruitment strategies utilizing a variety of sources (when applicable) to find job candidates
- Posts job vacancy announcements using USA Staffing.
- Develops Merit Placement Plans and ensures compliance with federal laws and Agency Merit Promotion Plan
- Ensures that the selecting official has a reasonable number of well-qualified candidates from which to choose.
- Performs internal and external recruitment and placement actions such as appointments, promotions, reassignments, change to lower grades and position changes for the most difficult and complex organizations which may include positions from various isions, carious duty locations, and/or unique or unusual pay systems. Ensures all HR functions are completed in accordance with regulations
- Provides guidance and assistance to supervisors and/or designated subject matter experts in the development of ranking criteria
- Oversees all actions associated with the position; ensuring all required actions are completed including job analysis, crediting plan, identifying best qualified candidates, issuing a certification of eligible candidates and extending final job offers
- Ensures required selection documentation and information is correctly recorded and collected.
- Attends all staff meetings
- Attends business unit training sessions as necessary
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- National Finance Center (NFC) EmpowHR, NFC Mainframe System
- Current Version of USA Staffing and its components
- USA Jobs
- Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Outlook and Skype
- Comprehensive knowledge of Human Resources staffing and DE policies, procedures and methodologies with ability to accurately apply the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal HR concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies and precedents
- Comprehensive operational knowledge of OPM classification standards, federal position classification, position management, organizational development and realignments
- Ability to advise and assist management in accomplishing personnel management responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge and expertise providing staffing guidance and operational services for the competitive job posting process
- Extensive knowledge and expertise developing job analyses and assessment documents to support the hiring process
- 5+ years minimum experience
- Preference for 10+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- DEU certification
- Must pass a requisite security processing as directed by the USAO
- Government Publishing Office (GPO), Washington, DC
- Work to be performed between Monday and Friday
- Work is to be performed between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- No travel required
- Employment Classification Eligibility W2
- Not eligible for relocation benefits
West 4th Strategy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
Other Considerations: This position is W-2 only; no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates. Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Inidual’s primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of the time.