One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Reality TV: News Writer
This is a paid freelance, remote position – that means you can work from anywhere, on your own schedule.
Screen Rant is the #1 entertainment website on the web and publishes up-to-the-minute news on blockbuster movies, TV, video games, and comic books. Our editorial team is looking for eager writers to contribute Reality TV News content under the leadership of the Reality TV Lead Editor. The selected candidates will have tremendous career growth opportunity within the organization. Please note that this role does not involve video production, animation, or script writing.
We are looking for writers with previous online writing experience and a passion for the vertical you’re applying to. Please visit screenrant.com and review your familiarity with our range of topics before applying and, in your cover letter, make sure to tell us how your knowledge of entertainment content will complement Screen Rant’s coverage. We would love to welcome you to our community of cinephiles, gamers, and geeks!
We are looking for general Reality TV enthusiasts, though we are also looking for experts in particular areas:
- Home Reno/Real Estate (Selling the Big Easy, Million Dollar Listing LA, Windy City Rehab, Million Dollar Beach House, Selling Sunset, Property Brothers, Love It Or List It, House Hunters)
- YouTube influencers (Logan and Jake Paul, Gabi DeMartino, Bryce Hall, Alisha Marie, Dixie D’Amelio, Henry Lau, Jessica Jung)
- Competition shows (The Voice, The Amazing Race, Shark Tank, Survivor, Big Brother, The Challenge, The Masked Singer, American Idol)
Please note: Successful candidates who become strong contributors will have the opportunity to interview cast members and show hosts.
- Write a minimum of 5-10 articles per week in Screen Rant’s house style (following the requisite training and peer mentorship period)
- This will include fact checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
- Pitch story ideas when none are readily available
- Remain up to date on upcoming releases and rumors
- Accept and apply any/all feedback received by the editorial team
- Communicate openly and actively with the editorial team
- A passion for the content and a drive to grow within the industry
- Broad knowledge of Reality TV show, or expert knowledge of the show types listed above
- Quick learner with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
- Comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
- Understanding of what it means to write a news article
- Relevant experience in writing and/or editing roles (digital publications, entertainment content)
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Image editing
- Analytics (GA)
What Screen Rant has to offer:
- Open schedule – write as much as you like, whenever you like, from wherever you like!
- Future bonusing opportunities for high contributors of quality articles
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
- An amazing community of like-minded people to nerd-out with on a daily basis