One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Associate Corporate Counsel
Remote – US
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following locations: CO, CA, WA, NYC
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly erse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making ersity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
As a member of our Legal team, you’ll generally support all aspects of Anthology’s business operations globally, including commercial relationships, regulatory obligations, strategic initiatives, risk management, and compliance functions. This team works closely with business units across the company.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting M&A processes, including working with outside counsel, advising company executives on deal terms and pre-deal planning, due diligence coordination across the business, overseeing documentation, execution, and post-deal integration
- Working on real estate negotiations along with outside counsel and assisting real estate team with administration of international real property portfolio
- Assisting with debt and equity instruments and other corporate finance matters with the advice of outside counsel
- Supporting worldwide ecosystem of legal entities including their corporate governance, formation, administration, and liquidation in conjunction with entity management companies
- Drafting and negotiating NDAs, term sheets, and commercial contracts for various business units including sales, marketing, and business development
- Assisting with insurance policies and claims
- Liaising with Tax, Finance, Human Resources, and other departments
- 2-6 years of relevant legal experience
- US JD degree and bar admission in good standing in at least one jurisdiction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to pay precise attention to detail and commit to quality work product
- Independently motivated but able to thrive in a team environment
- Experience with M&A/legal issues associated with software technology and/or education companies
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.