One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Mediavine is seeking an Associate Product Manager, who has experience in SaaS to join our Product team. We are looking for an Associate Product Manager who will have the discipline to clearly define requirements, communicate effectively with both engineering and other stakeholders, and take a client centric approach that allows us to provide best-in-class services to clients with a wide range of technical aptitude. Applicants must be based in the United States.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 8,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and innovative plugins to advertising technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down websites, our motivation is ensuring that brands and businesses grow in every respect.
We strive to build an inclusive and erse team of highly talented iniduals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to a culture in which everyone feels welcomed. We seek iniduals who will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage iniduals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't just platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview
Reporting to the Product Manager of Trellis, the Associate Product Manager will be responsible for assisting with the successful delivery of Trellis as well as its companion plugins. Trellis is a WordPress theme framework focused on improving Site Speed, Core Web Vitals, and SEO while providing a user friendly interface for publishers of all technical skill levels.
The ideal candidate will be dedicated to a client-centric approach that takes into account our customers’ wide variety of interests and technical skill levels. Although we have a UX team, they should be interested in how information is visually presented. Since WordPress is constantly evolving, this position requires someone who is comfortable with a certain amount of ambiguity and change.
This is a very collaborative role that requires excellent communication skills. You’ll be working with a Product Manager, as well as a team of Engineers, QA, UX, Support and Business Analytics on a daily basis.
The Product team meets regularly to coordinate efforts, learn and support each other and continually improve our process.
- Developing deep understanding of the user’s experience with the Trellis Theme Framework and its companion plugins
- Collaborating with the support and data teams to identify, create, and enhance the Trellis Theme Framework and its companion plugins with the goal of improving publisher adoption, ease of use, satisfaction, and retention
- Conducting regular interviews with internal and external users to identify potential opportunities for improvement; Distilling user feedback into tangible steps for development
- Researching and understanding changes in the market that impact the current user experience and open up new opportunities to improve upon it
- Creating, managing, and presenting project documentation
- Developing product road maps, prioritizing primary areas of concern
- Defining and delivering clear product epics and achievable chunks for engineering teams
- Owning the organization and management of internal and external betas for upcoming product releases
- Applicants must be based in the United States.
- 2+ years of relevant work in Product Management or positions that required requirements gathering and using Agile methodologies
- 2+ years of WordPress experience
- Ability to balance needs of internal and external user groups when developing a product
- Interest in both roadmap execution and product vision
- Ability to cross collaborate with other teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in a remote environment
- Experience with Page Speed Insights and Web Performance
- Experience supporting and/or engaging clients
- Passion for writing, organizing, and delivering documentation
- Passion for polished user experiences
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those?!)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Access to experienced engineers with direct mentorship opportunities
- Generous vacation/paid time off policies
- Additional perks such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company-matched charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer