We are actively recruiting a Test Engineer to help us on our mission of striving to make investing easier for all. You will put users at the forefront of the way you think and be passionate about great user experience. You will be able to deliver tested, resilient and performant code against a fast paced environment. Your role will be pivotal in helping us achieve our mission by developing, shaping and iterating our customer applications.
You will be working on a product that will help shape the way that people invest in order to secure their future financial wellbeing. Working in a highly focused application development team you will be responsible for delivering against key company goals not just a set of features. You will have the opportunity to impact and shape the way we build products.
Working in a small agile team will allow you to be both nimble whilst at the same time delivering value to the business. Our focus is on individuals and delivery rather than ceremonies and complex process.
- Understand and interpret business, functional and technical requirements
- Understand AJ Bell products and processes, and relevant Financial Services legislation
- Have input into how solutions are developed and delivered using knowledge and expertise to help deliver the best possible outcome for the customer
- Carry out testing across a wide range of processes and systems - including web and mobile, API, back office (workflow) processes, 3rd party systems and integrations between all of these systems including end to end testing
- Execute test scripts and record results using software testing tools (JIRA/XRAY)
- Raising bugs in a timely manner with sufficient detail to be fixed/reproduced
- Working alongside Technical leads and testers from Project inception to create and implement appropriate test automation approach to complement the manual testing and overall project deliveries.
- Being involved in exciting new research projects and proof of concepts
- Supporting User Acceptance Testing and release to Production
- Knowledge of Agile working practices and ability to apply its practice
Competence, Knowledge and Skill
- Full understanding of the testing lifecycle & methodologies
- Create and design automated test scripts using the BDD methodology
- Maintain and enhance the existing web automation framework
- Carry out exploratory testing within an Agile development environment
- Develop test tools, and extend test frameworks and test environments
- Experience of testing Web APIs using SoapUI / Postman and similar tools
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver, Gherkin, Page Object Model
- Technical understanding of processes under test and relevant related processes and the ability to test components
- An understanding of test automation concepts and their application
- Experience in CI / CD using tools such as Jenkins, Git,
- Take an automation-first approach to test execution
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with those in a technical role (e.g. developers) in addition to user
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 382,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £72.8 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers, but remote working continues to be a large part of our work life and will continue to be post-covid.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more
- This role provides formal cover for Mission and Business Critical systems and processes, and as such you may be required to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays to provide out of hours support for such systems and processes, as part of a rota. Employees who are scheduled to be on-call will receive a weekly standby allowance and will be paid for overtime worked during these periods.
This role is available under our hybrid working scheme. Ideally we're looking for people who are within commuting distance of one of our offices, however, for certain roles we can consider UK-based candidates who are further away - ask the recruitment team for more information. Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this time.