One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Clinical Documentation and Coding Accuracy Educator
Join VillageMD as a Clinical Documentation and Coding Accuracy Educator (Remote)
Join the frontlines of today’s healthcare transformation
*This is a Remote Opportunity with 20% travel required.
At VillageMD, we’re looking for a Clinical Documentation and Coding Accuracy Educator to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we’ve partnered with many of today’s best primary care physicians. We’re equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We’re creating care that’s more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we’re looking for iniduals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Iniduals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As an integral member of the VillageMD Team, the Clinical Documentation and Coding Accuracy Educator is accountable for ensuring providers are documenting and coding conditions in accordance to the VMD standard. The goal of the role will be to oversee provider education and subsequently improve documentation accuracy across HCC coding.
The Clinical Documentation and Coding Accuracy Educator will review performance metrics and reports, as well as patient charts, to identify areas of opportunity to support coding accuracy and effective documentation practices. He/she will educate all primary care providers, physicians and advanced practice practitioners, and other clinical staff on a process for improving coding accuracy performance, proper documentation and general coding practices.
How you can make a difference
- Conduct inidual training and group education sessions on proper coding and documentation practices for physicians and staff consistent with industry standards and in compliance with coding guidelines
- Effectively communicate and implement new coding education and initiatives with providers, including the appropriate change management support to ensure successful adoption
- Host market level coding office hours
- Collaborate with local market risk operations leader to complete provider education activities including 1:1 education, clinic education and all supporting provider education activities
- Provide new coder onboarding education and support
- Identify opportunities for improving coding accuracy through chart review and report review
- Review charts and query provider to address documentation reassessment opportunities and to prompt higher accuracy and/or specificity
- Conduct post-encounter review sessions with providers either in person or virtual
- Special review projects as assigned for analytics
- Focused efforts for other identified performance outliers
- Coach, facilitate, solve work problems and participate in the work of the team
- Collaborate with clinical stakeholders to continually develop new and maintain existing educational resources and internal guidelines.
- Participate as needed on process improvement, operational development and concept validation teams to share best practices and assist in the creation of best-in-class coding tools to support VillageMD risk adjustment accuracy
- Demonstrate the ability to appropriately use coding principles that comply with CMS regulations and company goals and policies
- Ensure compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines
- Work with market to understand what payor audit/documentation requests require compliance review
- Direct and timely provider remediation response to compliance audit plan results
Skills for success
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously with limited direction
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented
- Analytical: strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results, open to change and process enhancement
- Leadership: develop and nurture teams; successfully achieves results through others
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
Experience to drive change
- Professional Coding Certification such as CRC, CCS, CPS required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced professional coding
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in coding training and/or education
- Experience in a large, independent clinic organization or the ambulatory environment of a hospital or integrated delivery system (Primary Care Practice highly preferred)
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records documentation methodologies
- Demonstrated achievement with change management and quality improvement initiatives
- Proven success in building relationships and establishing credibility with doctors, nurses and other clinical staff
- Exceptional communication skills
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Ability to navigate resistance to change and solve problems effectively
- Ability to travel across assigned market(s) or region(s) 20%
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture how inclusion and ersity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see ersity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through erse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Iniduals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
For Colorado Residents only: The base compensation range for this role is $62,000 to $73,000. At VillageMD, compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, etc. This role may be eligible for annual/quarterly bonus incentives (if applicable), and the selected candidate will be eligible for a valuable company benefits plan, including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and access to a 401k plan with company match.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.