One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Subscribe to our highly customizable newsletter to get remote jobs from top remote job boards delivered to your inbox.
Sketch is a design platform with an award-winning native Mac app and browser-based collaboration tools. Over a million people use our product to create their best work. And now, we’re looking for an experienced QA Lead to join us. This is a senior position for the Control Center team. Control Center is at the heart of our operations when it comes to our product delivery workflows. The team’s mission is to build and connect the different processes we need for software releases, issues triage and prioritization, and quality overview and monitoring. Their main goal is to guide our technology teams to deliver high quality products in a smooth and fast way. The team is able to do that thanks to people with different experiences and roles like Release Engineers, QA Engineers, Technical Product Managers, Developers, etc. One of the main challenges we have ahead is to improve automation so that we can speed up our Mac app release cadence, and build towards continuous deployment readiness on the Cloud. As a QA Lead at Control Center, your mission will be to create the right quality processes that our product/technology teams will need to deliver software at Sketch — and coordinate with these teams to guarantee that they have consistent and bulletproof test plans (manual and automatic). You will analyze our platform to understand the right automated testing strategies that every team needs to follow. Also, you will work with your Release Engineer peers to identify the best ways to connect these quality processes to our release process to increase delivery frequency, speed, and quality. About you You are a systems thinker. You keep a high-level view of all the parts involved in ensuring the quality of a project: the tech stack, the people, the testing frameworks and their trade offs. You are passionate about software engineering, testing and quality, and you have an eye for detail. You are an excellent communicator and you are able to mentor other QA engineers and developers towards modern testing automation practices, including performance testing and visual regression testing. You value team work, knowledge sharing, autonomy and ownership. You care about your team, and contribute to an environment of psychological safety and healthy work culture. You advocate for quality and testability, getting involved in the early stages of product lifecycle, pairing with developers on defining and implementing the best quality standards and testing practices. You enjoy writing excellent documentation and invest in ways to share knowledge with others and to spread the best practices within the wider QA group, aiming to continuously improve processes across the company. About Sketch We’re a company of erse thinkers and doers who take pride in always improving our product. We share a vision and commitment to help each other — and our customers — create great work. We’ve been fully remote since day one. It’s meant we can bring together incredible people from around the world. You’ll join over 75 Mac, backend, frontend, QA and infrastructure engineers in the Technology team, based everywhere from Scotland to South Africa, and Lithuania to the US. We encourage our people to be themselves and embrace what makes us unique. We value different backgrounds, perspectives and experience, and we strongly believe this is key to achieving outstanding results. We work asynchronously as much as we can. Our team communicates mostly in writing, using Slack and GitHub. When we need it, we also have video calls. We have a culture of collaboration and knowledge-sharing, and we provide the environment and the tools you need to do your best work. < class="h3">Essentials for the job
- You have broad experience working in product companies with different types of software delivery, including desktop/mobile software and web services. You have enough technical background to understand technical architectures to identify the right testing approaches.
- You are familiar with the concept of Continuous Delivery and have experience with CI/CD environments such as CircleCI, GitHub actions, as they relate to testing automation.
- You understand the different levels of testing like unit testing, integration testing, etc. You have more than 3 years of experience with end-to-end testing of desktop/mobile, web frontend, and HTTP APIs, creating teas plans for complex applications.
- You have excellent communication skills and written English, are self-motivated, and are comfortable working in a remote position.
- You are based in the range of European/African timezones.
- Full time employment, with a flexible schedule
- International environment and working culture
- As many vacation days as you need
- Whatever training you need to develop in your job
- The hardware you need
- The option to work anywhere in European/African timezones
- Company equity
- Paid family leave
- An annual company meetup (when possible).