One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: Media, Public Relations Associate
Location: United States – Virtual
Pearson Workforce Skills seeks a Media/Public Relations Associate to support corporate communications for our Transformation Zone business unit. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Corporate Communications and helps execute media relations and thought leadership campaigns across trade and national press to build brand awareness and support the top-of-the-funnel stage of the sales cycle.
Your role will involve understanding the needs and challenges of our target audience, which includes HR professionals, Strategic Workforce Planning professionals, and Learning & Development professionals. You will work alongside the Director of Corporate Communications and the organization’s PR agency to produce content that speaks to the challenges of this audience and showcases the value of our product solutions in addressing those challenges.
You will help craft and implement our communications plans, and help draft press releases, media statements, newsletters, and social media content.
- Prior experience in corporate communications, PR and/or media relations.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a command of grammar and AP style. Must be able to write in both professional and conversational tones.
- General knowledge of the editorial process and how content gets published.
- The ability to work independently and take ownership of work as assigned.
- Comfortable using social media platforms LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and optimizing content for our community.
- Familiar with project management tools like Wrike and Smartsheet and content management tools like Hubspot and Uberflip.
- Experience writing for tech or SaaS companies a plus.
- A positive attitude and eagerness to contribute a must.
What you’ll do at Pearson Workforce Skills
- Coordinate the creation and approval of bylines and quotes on behalf of company spokespeople. Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Reference company messaging to edit and provide feedback on bylines to our PR agency.
- Develop organic social media content to support media activities; coordinate social media promotion with the digital marketing team.
- Develop and edit content for internal and external newsletters.
- Work closely with marketing team members to contribute to cross-functional marketing campaigns.
- Stay on top of industry news and competitive developments to proactively offer fresh ideas for the communications strategy.
- Monitor media performance and report on metrics, and KPIs.
Who you are
- A collaborative communications professional that can play an essential, supporting role in turning research, trends, and data into compelling bylines, interview opportunities, social media content, and more.
- An agile team player who is thoughtful and thorough.
- A proficient copywriter and top-notch proofreader.
- A hyper-organized person who keeps a close eye on details.
- A self-starter who is eager to take on projects and run with them.
Who we are
- The Workforce Skills ision of Pearson helps organizations understand, maintain, and enhance their most vital asset their people.
- Pearson is the world’s largest learning company and has been contributing to a profound impact on our world since 1844. Pearson employs more than 20,000, operates in 70 countries, and delivers products and services in nearly 200 countries.
- Pearson provides a erse global community with high quality digital content, learning experiences, assessments, and qualifications to build skills and proactively impact our evolving world.
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
Minimum full-time salary range is between $60,000 – $70,000.