One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Legal Counsel – Privacy & Security
San Francisco, California, United States
Our mission at Oura is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products help our global community gain a deeper knowledge of their readiness, activity, and sleep quality by using their Oura Ring and its connected app. By providing daily insights and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we’ve helped over a million people understand and improve their health.
For us, empowering the world starts with living our values and empowering our team. As a quickly growing company focused on helping people live healthier and happier lives, we ensure that our team members have what they need to do their best work both in and out of the office.
This is a remote US role.
We’re looking for great legal minds to help us shape and drive all things Privacy & Security Legal at Oura. This is your chance to work for a global brand with an unparalleled culture where Privacy really matters. Be part of a growing team led by a Head of Privacy who thinks outside of the box, drives business solutions, and cares about your success and career development.
What you’ll Do
- Partner cross-functionally with the business (Engineering, Product, People, Security, Marketing, etc.) teams to assess potential privacy and security risks and regulatory requirements for Oura products, technologies and services.
- Provide strategic advice to address privacy and security risks while enabling business and supporting product innovation.
- Assist with the development of Privacy-By-Design strategies and guidelines for products and technologies, (e.g., machine learning and AI) to drive business solutions.
- Develop, implement and review privacy impact assessments for Oura products, technologies and services.
- Review/draft a variety of agreements related to privacy and security, including vendor, partner and customer agreements.
- Be a privacy brand ambassador on enterprise customer calls and in meetings.
- Be a privacy evangelist inside Oura to help grow our culture of privacy (e.g., conduct trainings, represent the privacy team in product strategy and design sessions).
- Help enable Oura’s healthcare journey with privacy at the forefront of Oura products, technologies and services.
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar required.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant privacy experience, including prior in-house or law firm experience. Security legal experience is a plus.
- Experienced in legal analysis as well as operational capabilities
- Familiarity and interest in new media and emerging digital technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strategic problem solver with excellent legal and business judgment including demonstrated experience assessing information for risk mitigation opportunities.
- A meticulous, business-friendly teammate who can think creatively.
- Strong understanding and experience with both domestic and international privacy requirements.
- Experience negotiating DPAs, DSAs, and other privacy-specific agreements.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a great sense of humor and commitment to professionalism.
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams.
At Oura, we care about you and your well-being. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own and is continually looking to improve their health and add to our benefits!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Health, dental, vision insurance, mental health resources
- Fertility benefits through Carrot Pro
- An Oura Ring of your own + employee discounts for friends & family
- Flexible working hours and remote working arrangements
- 20 days of PTO + 13 paid holidays + 8 days of flexible wellness time off
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- $500 for initial WFH setup + $300 monthly wellness stipend
- $25 DoorDash credit every Friday for lunch
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
Oura takes a market-based approach to pay, which may vary depending on your location. US locations are categorized into tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. While most offers will be closer to the starting range, successful candidates’ pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, internal peer equity, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
- Region 1 $180,000 – $190,000
- Region 2 $171,000 – $180.500
- Region 3 $162,000 – $171,000
- Region 4 $153,000 – $162,500
A recruiter can determine your zones/tiers based on your location.