One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: Nurse Care Manager
This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, growing digital health startup. The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, a joint venture between Cleveland Clinic and Amwell, was launched in 2019 to unlock access to the world’s best healthcare expertise so no one is left behind. This startup company’s initial focus is transforming the $5 billion global second opinion market, with additional digital health solutions in development. The Clinic offers virtual care from Cleveland Clinic’s highly-specialized experts through Amwell’s leading-edge digital health technology platform. Learn more at www.theclinic.io.
Cleveland Clinic is a nonprofit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation’s best hospitals in its annual “America’s Best Hospitals” survey.
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the U.S. and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell solutions are used by 240 health systems and 55 health plan partners, covering over 150 million lives.
The position is remote. The role reports to the Director, Clinical Operations.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic nurse committed to delivering empathetic, concierge services to our consumers of the Virtual Second Opinion Services. You will be responsible for establishing a relationship with patients via online/telephone intake through active listening and questioning process, documenting these encounters and providing instruction and creating an opinion timeline based on established protocol.
A strong background in an ambulatory, hospital or telehealth with the ability to function independently in an organized fashion managing a portfolio of patients through the virtual second opinion process is essential to success in this position.
- Responsible for establishing a relationship with patients and effectively triaging and providing care guidance and resolution to all contacts and patients.
- Assesses patient needs, determines and initiates appropriate action or response to meet identified needs.
- Assesses patient and physician needs, provides requested information and/or guidance or service as appropriate or forwards to the appropriate person on the clinical management team.
- Initiates and independently implements appropriate clinical activities, including communication with patient/caregiver, physician (as applicable) and complete documentation of events.
- Maintains consistent communication with patients.
- Assists, reviews, researches, and resolves active patient and referral concerns and complaints and records outcomes accordingly to meet regulatory compliance standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred or other allied health professional degree.
- Current Ohio RN and/or multistate compact license
- Other Allied Health license
- Good clinical judgment, careful listening, critical thinking skills and assessment skills.
- Strong customer service skills, including both verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to be self-directed, excel in critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Minimum of 2 years nursing or clinical experience (preferred in ambulatory, hospital, med/surg, long term care, home care, hospice or palliative care setting)
- Prior phone triage or telehealth services.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment. May require periods of sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Requires good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision. Must be able to hear normal conversation. Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
Working at The Clinic
This Clinic is a partnership between American Well and Cleveland Clinic, where the two parent organizations founded the company on the mission of To make it easier for patients to get the best care by aligning world-class clinical expertise with innovative digital technology.’ The vision for The Clinic is to unlock access to the world’s best healthcare expertise so no one is left behind. We are a group of visionaries defining and realizing the global possibilities of digital health. We believe in: patient centricity; being bold, daring, and decisive; having a passion to win; teamwork and collaboration; transparency and trust. The pace is fast, the work rewarding and the outcomes, deeply satisfying.
- The Clinic offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, and paid vacation.