One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: French Curriculum Linguist (Contract)
Mango Languages is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Curriculum Linguist to join the French curriculum content team. In this full-time, remote contractor position, you will collaborate with a team of linguists and content developers to create a robust and engaging French language curriculum to be used in a US K-12 classroom setting alongside Mango Languages’ Conversations product.
The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of French linguistics, a passion for teaching the gnarliest of French grammar topics to students, and a well-founded understanding of the needs of K12 world language educators. As the bridge between the content development team and the larger curriculum project team, your days will be filled with devising classroom activities, communicating project expectations, preparing lesson plan outlines, and reviewing chapter materials.
The Curriculum Linguist is responsible for ensuring that the final curriculum product meets the needs of educators and students, in addition to meeting project deadlines and the high quality standards of Mango Languages.
- Work collaboratively with remote team members to develop an engaging and effective French language curriculum that is based on Mango Language’s existing course content
- Create lesson plan outlines based on existing content and provided guidelines on methodology
- Manage a team of subject matter experts to meet project expectations and deadlines
- Closely review and provide feedback on the work of lesson plan developers according to project specifications
- Write and edit classroom activities and lesson plan materials to meet content needs
- Ensure final product is fully aligned with national language standards (ACTFL)
- Review and evaluate activities with a thorough understanding of the modes of communication, Depth of Knowledge, and Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Attend and participate in regular project team meetings, providing insight based on expertise
- Support transition to digital format as needed
- Commit to a full-time collaboration, with a time commitment of 40 hours per week
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Linguistics or World Language Education, with a focus on French
- Able to speak off-the-cuff about intricacies of French grammar
- First-hand experience either teaching or researching best practices of Second Language Acquisition in a classroom setting. (Teaching experience must be in the US.)
- Experience collaborating with subject matter experts and aligning work with a larger strategy
- Awareness of language proficiency standards, including ACTFL and state standards
- Reliable internet connection
- Experience with Google Suite (Sheets and Docs) preferred
- Demonstrated experience creating lesson plans for use in a K-12 French language classroom in the US a bonus
- Passionate about French language classroom instruction
- Must be able to internalize project specifications and adapt personal style to match that of the overarching project
- Able to give constructive feedback tactfully, and to receive constructive feedback
- Strong communication skills and responsiveness on email
- Able to keep own work organized independently
- Proven track record of consistently meeting deadlines
- Enthusiasm for incorporating technology in language learning
- Readiness to unmute in large virtual group discussions to ask questions and contribute thoughts
- Must work well in a team
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology. At Mango we maintain a drug-free workplace. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.