One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: Lead Quality Test Engineer
Location: Remote United States
Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
An experienced, hands-on senior level software and hardware quality test engineer. You will be responsible for handling all aspects of quality testing unit testing, regression testing, acceptance testing. You have the ability to create, organize, execute, and verify complex test cases based on specifications delivered by design engineers. You will work closely with product management, customer services to ensure our products meet customer requirements and market expectations.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in software & hardware, UI testing, testing of embedded edge devices
- 3+ years of experience in testing of cloud-based applications
- 3+ years of experience with test automation frameworks, e.g. Selenium, Appium
- Proficiency in Python, Bash, shell script
- Programming experience in C/C++, Java, Perl
- Familiar with database SQL PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with bug tracking tools Jira
- Experience Agile development methodology scrum, kanban, sprint, daily standup, retrospective, etc.
- Familiar with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins pipeline
- Experience with public cloud AWS, Azure
- Audio testing experience
- Experience in designing tool harness or using 3rd party tools to simulate stress/load testing of IoT edge devices and server-side applications deployed on public cloud
- Familiar with Linux operating system, scripts, test environments
- Experience with Github, Confluence, Sharepoint
- Experience with RF, networking and hardware analysis tools oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, function generator, wire shark, etc.
- Quick Service Restaurant Drive-Thru experience a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
Why We Need You
- Design, develop, maintain, execute, and report on test strategy for POS and DriveThru products, based on product requirements.
- Generate test plans, develop test process, and maintain software tools and workflow.
- Define and perform unit tests. Create test scripts and test harnesses.
- Aggressively performs black-box testing of released products and products under development, uncover bugs and design deficiencies.
- Develop roadmap for test automation framework and software & test scripts design, develop, execute and optimize.
- Manage and track defects/bugs throughout the life cycle of iterative software and hardware releases.
- Investigate customer problems with existing products containing software or firmware reported by end-user, Customer Support, Sales, Services or Engineering.
- Assist development engineers by reproducing defects reported by customers in a released product.
- Provide customer-facing acceptance and regression test reports and documentation as required.
- Thorough understanding of product life cycle including Agile, Waterfall, phase gate models.
- Continuously improve on technology implementation methodology.
- Mentor members of the team in software development, testing methods, and root cause analysis.
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to iniduals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.