One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
REMOTE, REMOTE, UNITED STATES
Do you dream in headlines? Have nightmares about exclamation points? Admire bold and impactful creative work in the world and think, “Damn, I wish I thought of that?” If you just yelled, “yes!” out loud to no one in particular, we want to talk to you (and hopefully hire you).
We’re building a world-class team at Yelp, and we’re searching for a Copywriter to help us craft great copy and shape un-boring creative approaches, all while bringing joy, and inspiring others around you. No pressure.
We’re a team of writers, designers, animators, project managers, dog parents, and cheese lovers who make up Yelp’s internal creative agency. Our mission is to enable fandomboth inside and outside of Yelp. We do this by uncovering stories that introduce people to their next favorite local business, and living our values every day.
As a Copywriter, you’ll play a key role in pushing Yelp’s brand forward, working hand-in-hand with our partners building strong relationships across the marketing organization and beyond.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where you come in:
- You will distill the essence of Yelp’s brand personality into written communications that connect with our audience in other words, tell great stories that people want to see and hear.
- You will execute copy across multiple channels and platforms, translating marketing objectives into clear creative ideas that can be executed and delivered on time, and drive measurable impact for our partners and customers.
- You will present your ideas clearly and succinctly in a way that people will understand, and be excited about
- You will collaborate and seek out partnerships with cross-functional peers.
- You will actively contribute to team critiques and reviews.
What it takes to succeed:
- 25 years of experience in an agency or in-house team environment.
- Experience writing for a B2B and/or B2C product-based company is a big plus.
- A history of playing well with others and bringing joy to everything you do.
- Open to opinions and perspectives that challenge existing beliefs; willing to evolve your stance based on new information.
- Meticulous crafting and attention to details.
- Have excellent written communication skills that can be used anywhere from brand storytelling, to guiding a user through an experience.
- A love for digital platforms, from social media to online video campaigns.
- Experience working on well-crafted, smart, and on-strategy campaigns and executions.
What you’ll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Compensation range is $63,500- $107,000 annually. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits.
Still here? Great. Your cover letter doesn’t have to be a novel. Just show (not tell) us why we’d be crazy not to hire you.
At Yelp, we believe that ersity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education and those are just a few. We recognize that erse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our ersity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include Playing Well With Others and Authenticity.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an inidual’s location and experience.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for iniduals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.