One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
About Student BeansStudent Beans is the world's leading student loyalty network and accredited ‘Great Place To Work’ . We produce our award-winning technology for the biggest retailers on the planet, connecting them with the youth market. Featured in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 2020, a list of the fastest-growing private tech companies in Britain, Student Beans consistently innovate to offer new solutions that satisfy our consumers, drive ROI for our clients and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
As a result of our incredible success and growth, we are looking for a QA Engineer to join us. Responsibilities include:
About the role
As a result of our incredible success and growth, we are looking for a QA Test Analyst to join us. Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality, using open source tools
- Review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Liaise with internal teams such as Developers and Product Managers to identify system requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and strategies
We’d really like to hear from you, if you have...
- Proven work experience within software development and software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and practices
- Hands on experience with automation testing and tools such as: Selenium, Cucumber, BDD, Jest, Gitlab Pipeline and Github Workflows
- Experience of Integration Testing
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with Performance, Security and Load testing is a plus
Life at Student Beans
Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited Holiday - We strongly believe in a healthy work life balance, and by not capping the number of paid time off days you take, we hope this will help promote a sustainable way to work while maintaining your health and well-being
- Accredited 'Great Place To Work’ company in three categories - https://www.greatplacetowork.co.uk/workplace/item/3545/Student+Beans
- Remote first working environment, meaning you are not obligated to come into the office, you can choose the environment you think you excel best in!
- Flexi-time, including Flexi Fri-yay which gives you an opportunity to finish at 1.30pm!
- Focus on welfare - gym membership, wellness challenges, Mental Health First Aider and health cash plan
- Incredible partnership discounts for the biggest brands in the world: Google, Apple, Ted Baker, GymShark, Domino's, Uber … to name a few!
- Commitment to personal development and career growth - Learning budgets, coaching workshops and progression plans
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet 60% of the requirements, women and those in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when they tick every box. So if you think you have the skills, but don't meet every single bullet point above, please still apply. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could still be a great fit.
For more information about starting a career with Student Beans, check out our career site below:Applicant Privacy Notice explains what personal information and where we may process, our purposes for processing, and the rights you can exercise over Student Beans' use of your personal information.