One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Tutoring Operations Support Specialist (Contractor)
Remote – United States
A pioneer in K12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
Amplify has provided core curriculum, intervention resources, digital assessments, and high-impact coaching and professional development to support data-driven instruction among K-12 educators for nearly two decades.
Amplify Tutoring launched in response to heightened student needs driven by disruptions in schooling and unfinished learning as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. High-dosage tutoring has gained national momentum as a proven research-based support to close achievement gaps for students. This is an opportunity to join an innovative team helping schools, districts, and states to scale high-impact tutoring programs and meet student needs. Amplify works in close partnership with districts and states on an array of tutoring initiatives, including: providing small group reading tutoring directly to district students through Amplify Tutors; providing tutoring materials, professional development, and program management for district-managed implementations; and providing high-impact tutoring consultancy services to support districts in designing their high-impact tutoring program.
The Amplify Tutoring team is looking for a customer focused Tutoring Operations Support Specialist. The Tutoring Operations Support Specialist will support critical functions in Amplify Tutoring services including real time tutor support and troubleshooting, and data management. This role will assist full service tutoring programs through the implementation and maintenance of tutor schedules, management of tutor SOS slack channels, and general data management needs.
Tutor SOS Support
Amplify Tutors engage with students virtually in real-time. There are situations that arise in which tutors need responsive support to ensure a consistent and high-quality tutoring experience for students. In this role, the Tutoring Operations Support Specialist will oversee Slack channels and other support mechanisms related to real time tutor needs. Examples of tutor needs include correcting a tutoring assignment on the fly on the tutoring platform and arranging a last minute substitute due to a personal emergency, among other things.
Ensuring that full service tutoring sessions provided by Amplify are executed with success is a critical function of the Operations Support Specialist role. This inidual will coordinate scheduling and tutor support across multiple internal teams and roles, including Tutoring Operations, Tutoring Program Managers, and Tutor Coaches to ensure that live tutoring sessions are executed and implemented with fidelity. A successful candidate will be skilled at setting up spreadsheets, providing high quality customer service, prioritizing tasks, and following through on self-directed projects.
**While this position is virtual and national candidates will be considered, work hours will take place during standard eastern time zone school hours, 7:30-3:30 EST.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES AND MEET U.S. EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
Amplify’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination for in-person meetings unless an approved exemption is provided.
Responsibilities of the Tutoring Operations Support Specialist (Contractor):
- Collaborate with Program Managers and the Tutoring Operations team to define scheduling project scope and complete project work within deadlines.
- Track and communicate tutor support status, issues, risks and decisions to management.
- Coordinate, organize, and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment for timely deliverables.
- Monitor Slack channels and provide timely and responsive real-time support to tutors in the field.
- Stay current on updates and quickly acquire proficiency in new scheduling tools, as needed, to meet business needs.
- Perform data analysis as needed.
- Isolate inconsistencies in scheduling datasets and resolve their root causes.
- Develop recommendations that result in improved efficiency, productivity, and quality in tutor scheduling and support.
Basic Requirements of the Tutoring Operations Support Specialist (Contractor):
- 1+ years of experience maintaining operational processes to support the delivery of services
- Demonstrated experience managing robust data sets and project information involving multiple stakeholders.
- Strong Knowledge and proficiency with Excel and Google Sheets
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and adopt new tools and methods for data collection and reporting
- Experience driving self-directed projects
- Strong problem solving skills
Preferred Requirements of the Tutoring Operations Support Specialist (Contractor):
- Comfortable learning new tools and platforms
- Experience in statistics and data analysis
- Background in education or in edtech, ideally in Business Data or Customer Support
- Experience supporting organizational change and/or process improvement projects
- Google Sheets (auto populate dynamically from multiple data sources, develop advance formulates, Google App Scripts for spreadsheet automation)
- Experience working in K-12 education is a plus
- Experience using Slack for remote communication across colleagues and teams
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial service and support culture
The hourly rate range for this role is $28.00 – $32.00.
We celebrate ersity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a erse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Iniduals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.