One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Lesson Reviewer (Contract)
Online Lesson Reviewer (Contract)
Study.com is dedicated to making education easily accessible and highly valuable. Our lesson reviewers ensure we’re providing rich, quality lessons to our students. We’re looking for copyeditors and content reviewers to help contribute to our library of engaging online lessons by reviewing lessons in the following subjects:
- Social Science
You’ll review lessons that include SEO-optimized section headings to ensure they contain clear and relevant content and confirm it follows the provided outline. You’ll verify the following:
- Lesson is between 1000-2000 words
- Content follows pedagogical best practices and educates in a logical and coherent way
- Includes a descriptive title relevant to the lesson
- Lesson culminates in a brief summary that emphasizes key concepts and prepares students for a short quiz
- Lessons are factually accurate (you’ll use instructor-provided sources to fact check)
- Lesson contains relevant, short, targeted answers for 2-6 academic FAQs
You can choose what you want to work on from a pool of lessons covering a variety of topics, including humanities, math, and science. This is a collaborative role that requires instructors and reviewers to work together to develop high quality lessons.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- You have very strong editing skills
- You have familiarity with online educational content
- You’re committed to providing high-quality, accurate information
- You have a working knowledge of online research methods
- You have excellent communication skills and are responsive and collaborative
- You have performed copyediting or written academic course or lesson content
- You have 1-3 years’ copyediting/reviewing experience
- You have experience with HTML, Wiki code, Latex, and imaging software
What We Offer
- Reliable Payments: Timely, reliable payments twice a month via PayPal.
- Independence: No waiting, no assignments, and a massive library of lessons for you to choose from
- Flexibility: Work from anywhere, at any time, completely online
- Supportive Staff: Access to a supportive in-house team to answer your questions