One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: Teacher, Special Education
Location: United States
Edmentum is the leading provider of K-12 digital curriculum, assessments, and services to 43,000 schools in all 50 states and over 100 countries worldwide. We partner with educators to create instructional technology that is proven, easy-to-use, inidualized, and aligned to state standards. Built on a 60-year history of innovation and impact, we believe that when educators succeed, students thrive, everywhere learning occurs.
The full-time (10 month) remote Virtual Teacher is driven to provide an educational atmosphere where learners can fulfill their potential and to organize and implement an instructional program that results in students achieving academic success in accordance with District and state policies and laws. The Virtual Teacher is a highly qualified instructional teacher responsible for the delivery of specified course content in an online, virtual environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and deliver virtual lessons and activities that align with the curriculum and learning objectives.
- Employ synchronous and asynchronous tools to supplement course content.
- Conduct live lessons with students on essential learning topics for each course in content area.
- Use a variety of teaching techniques to engage and motivate students.
- Assess student understanding and progress through virtual assignments, quizzes, and exams.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to students on their work and progress.
- Grade student work and enter grades into an online grade book in a timely manner.
- Track student progress and pacing to complete coursework by the end date.
- Respond to student messages and discussions in a timely manner within school guidelines.
- Create learning resources to promote student learning for each course in content area.
- Maintaining synchronous and asynchronous communication with students and parents/guardians
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents to create a positive and inclusive virtual learning environment.
- Acquaint students to their coursework and communicate course and school requirements.
- Maintain a full load of students in certified content area.
- Stay up to date on virtual teaching technologies and tools to enhance the learning experience for students.
- Participate in professional development opportunities and training to continually improve teaching skills and knowledge.
- Support multiple service offerings within Instructional Services as needed, including but not limited to Enhanced Virtual Learning, Targeted Small Group Instruction, Special Education, and other service’s needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- Valid state teaching certification in Special Education in WV, IL,GA, KY, OH, MI, WI, NM, and NC.
- Three years or more of classroom teaching experience with one year of online teaching experience
- Experience with virtual teaching and online learning platforms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with students, parents, and staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and virtual teaching methods.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to manage virtual classroom activities and assessments.
- Passion for teaching and helping students succeed in their academic pursuits.
- This is a full-time (10 month), remote position with flexible scheduling options. If you are a passionate educator with experience in virtual teaching, we encourage you to apply.
- Strong content and subject matter knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient organization and time management skills
- Driven to increase student success.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule.
Edmentum is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, vendors, and guests. Our organization will comply with all COVID-19 vaccination requirements at a site or facility that requires all employees and contractors who will be performing services. The CDC defines fully vaccinated as being two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 Vaccine or two weeks after the single dose of a one-dose vaccine.
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Iniduals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to iniduals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Edmentum’s notice regarding the collection of personal information from interested candidates is available here