One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Arkansas Connections Academy – High School Language Arts Teacher, 2023-2024 School Year
Job Category: Teaching
Requisition Number: ARKAN015465
- Bentonville or Home-based, AR, USA
Arkansas Connections Academy (ARCA) is a tuition-free, virtual public charter school serving students in grades K-12 statewide. ARCA is authorized by the Arkansas Charter Authorizing Panel and the State Board of Education, and is governed by an independent Board of Directors. The school contracts with Connections Education to provide its educational program and other services. Connections Academy, a ision of Connections Education, is accredited by AdvancED.
Arkansas Connections Academy strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the ersity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Working from your home in Arkansas, our state certified virtual teachers offer online instructional programs for students around the country and across the globe. Teachers communicate regularly with students to ensure that each student successfully completes his/her instructional program. This is a work from home position.
The Secondary English Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Support the instructional program with synchronous and asynchronous web conferencing sessions using Adobe Connect;
- Complete all grading by providing prompt, high-quality, personalized feedback on assignments;
- Communicate with students, and other teachers on a regular basis to update pacing plans/schedules for students as required;
- Use data to monitor successful completion of assignments and facilitate appropriate interactions with students that encourage consistent interaction with the course(s);
- Review curriculum and determine course modifications that will promote student achievement for those requiring accommodations through IEPs or 504 plans;
- Consult with team members and administrators to develop alternate enrichment activities and lesson modifications to increase student understanding and promote success for struggling or at-risk students through differentiation;
- Develop a general knowledge of the curriculum and a detailed knowledge of the courses for which you are responsible;
- Communicate regularly with students, using phone, Chat and our WebMail system;
- Adhere to all policies regarding protecting students’ well-being and personal information, including following FERPA and Copyright & Fair Use laws
- Keep student performance and participation information up-to-date by grading assessments in a timely manner, and logging all student and parent contacts;
- Hold regular office hours (minimum of 3 hours per week)
- Utilize a variety of communication tools in the online environment to effectively build relationships and promote student success with students, partner teachers, colleagues, and other stakeholders;
- Foster community and use a welcoming, warm online voice that is inviting and supportive towards students and families;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach Grades 9-12 English with a valid state teaching certificate in Arkansas.
- Must have completed traditional teacher preparation program (not alternative certification) at an accredited college or university.
- Ability to obtain certification in other states as requested
- Provide feedback to students in a timely manner and grade assessments within the required timeframe
- Attend check-in meetings with your supervisor twice per month (or as scheduled)
- Able to work a full-time shift that covers core English hours, from 10 am -4 pm eastern time
- Must live within the State of Arkansas and if outside of Arkansas, must reside within 300 miles of the home office in Bentonville, AR.