One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Senior QA Engineer
EL SEGUNDO, CA
At GoGuardian, we’re helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we’re committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian’s growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it always ready to experiment and learn.
We’re here for the cause but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together and make time to appreciate our teammates every day. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There’s always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians always find ways to connect.
As part of the Quality Assurance Engineering Team, you will support a cross-product team in developing and documenting strategies for testing, executing the strategies, and conducting regression tests. You will also help shape best practices across the company and be an advocate for quality assurance in development.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be a part of a new team to build out and release an exciting new EdTech tool. You will be expected to develop and document testing strategies and identify and create automation tests. You will play an integral role in building our products from the early stages of development and should have great communication skills to be able to provide clear and concise feedback to our teams.
What You’ll Do
- Support, design, develop and enhance test processes and reporting for QA processes.
- Collaborate with the development team on bug fix verification and validation
- Provide feedback and insight from a quality assurance standpoint on new features in development
- Report and document any defects that were discovered during testing
- Write and maintain test plans and test cases for new and existing features
- Analyze testing efforts for features and provide estimates
Who You Are
- At least 4-5 years of experience in Quality Assurance and/or related fields and a degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with test management tool Jira and test case management tool TestRail
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, draws valid conclusions, provides solutionsIdentifies, communicates, and escalates issues as required
- Experience in blackbox/manual testing2-3 years of experience using test automation software such as (Webdriver.io or Selenium)
- Working knowledge of API testing
- Experience with mobile app testing
- Capable of independent work
What We Offer
- P.S. – Share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for amazing people.
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package includes health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more.
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.